Are my pc components balanced, getting frame drops and stuttering

NinjaShot54

I have just installed a new gtx 1060 6gb GPU into my build, i was hoping for better graphics quality and higher frame rates, but when in-game, i was receiving on average about 55-60 fps with constant frame drops going as low as 35 fps and constant frame stutters which is the most annoying problem ive been facing in multiple games. I made sure my card drivers were up to date as well as the nvidia drivers but had no luck still. I also tried changing in-game graphics settings, testing if setting certain settings lower and some higher would make a difference, but i still have the same fps and stutter problems.

Component list:

- Intel(R) Core(TM) I5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz

- Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6GB 

- Corsair CX650m 80plus

- 2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws v ddr3

- Msi z97 gaming 3

- 4x corsair 120mm rgb cooling fans

- Windows 10

If your playing at 1080p ultra or high, then 60FPS on most AAA titles for the 1060 would be correct. The 35 FPS is more concerning. Did you do a clean install where you used DDU to uninstall the previous drivers?

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

2 minutes ago, Thinkfreely said:

If your playing at 1080p ultra or high, then 60FPS on most AAA titles for the 1060 would be correct. The 35 FPS is more concerning. Did you do a clean install where you used DDU to uninstall the previous drivers?

No, i previously had an AMD R7 260x graphics card, i took it out and put the gtx in, only updating gtx drivers, i still have some amd programs that i can see and probably more that i do not know about. 

3 minutes ago, Thinkfreely said:

Install DDU and do a completely clean install

Is there a better DDU download than others that you recommend and possibly link?

Edited by NinjaShot54

Hey, which games? Some games will not run at 60fps 1080p max settings on a 1060, so you should tweak settings.

The CPU may be an issue if you do very CPU intensive games like Total War: Warhammer and GTA V. In that case you can lower settings that tax the CPU like lighting quality.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

2 minutes ago, NinjaShot54 said:

Is there a better DDU download than others that you recommend and possibly link?

You should download DDU over at https://www.wagnardsoft.com/ that's the official website.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Hey, which games? Some games will not run at 60fps 1080p max settings on a 1060, so you should tweak settings.

The CPU may be an issue if you do very CPU intensive games like Total War: Warhammer and GTA V. In that case you can lower settings that tax the CPU like lighting quality.

The most used games would be War Thunder and PUBG which i have noticed the most stuttering and the fps drops. the fps drops are very fast but very frequent.

2 minutes ago, NinjaShot54 said:

The most used game would War Thunder which and PUBG which i have noticed the most stuttering and the fps drops. the fps drops are very fast but very frequent.

Ok yeah, it's not normal to stuter on War Thunder that's a really easy game to run

Do the DDU, then install a different driver version, sometimes specific driver versions conflict with specific cards randomly.

If you still get stuttering you should run some benchmarks like Firestrike and see if you're scoring close to the norm for your hardware.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Ok yeah, it's not normal to stuter on War Thunder that's a really easy game to run

Do the DDU, then install a different driver version, sometimes specific driver versions conflict with specific cards randomly.

If you still get stuttering you should run some benchmarks like Firestrike and see if you're scoring close to the norm for your hardware.

Just performed the DDU (clean and restart) for the AMD driver, is that correct or should i be doing it for the Nvidia driver?

Just now, NinjaShot54 said:

Just performed the DDU (clean and restart) for the AMD driver, is that correct or should i be doing it for the Nvidia driver?

Nvidia cards should perform the Nvidia driver clean, yes.

Though it should automatically choose Nvidia if you have a card. That it chose AMD means that you used to have an AMD card and never uninstalled the driver for it.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Energycore said:

Nvidia cards should perform the Nvidia driver clean, yes.

Though it should automatically choose Nvidia if you have a card. That it chose AMD means that you used to have an AMD card and never uninstalled the driver for it.

Yes, my previous card was AMD and i changed to nvidia, so now i will perform the (clean and restart) for the nvidia option, after this will i need to install the nvidia driver again?, if so should i install an older version or the latest?

Just now, NinjaShot54 said:

Yes, my previous cars was AMD and i changed to nvidia, so now i will perform the (clean and restart) for the nvidia option, after this will i need to install the nvidia driver again?, if so should i install an older version or the latest?

Try the latest first, if you still get stutters you can DDU then install an older version. Don't go that far into the past, the last one prior will do

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Energycore said:

Try the latest first, if you still get stutters you can DDU then install an older version. Don't go that far into the past, the last one prior will do

just performed your suggested instructions, and still the stuttering continues, i currently have the prior to the latest driver installed. I also have noticed that the pc crashes at random times while performing activities in search engine etc. , if this could have anything to do with it, has not crashed while in-game yet and it started prior to changing driver to next-to latest.

3 hours ago, NinjaShot54 said:

bump

Okay, more information is needed.

If crashes are happening, let's look further into that.

Hit start - type reliability history - open that - find the date and time where the last crash happened - find any red errors there - double click on them and then post what they say here.

Each one.

On 3/29/2018 at 1:05 PM, stateofpsychosis said:

Okay, more information is needed.

If crashes are happening, let's look further into that.

Hit start - type reliability history - open that - find the date and time where the last crash happened - find any red errors there - double click on them and then post what they say here.

Each one.

failures.png

This is my older post, i have since then seen less crashes but still happens once in a while, but the stuttering issue is still my main problem, i have a new post reguarding that.

On 4/3/2018 at 10:50 PM, NinjaShot54 said:

failures.png

I need you to double click on each of those critical events and copy and paste what they say in the windows that pops up.   Just the Windows and Corsair Link ones should do.