High PC temperature while in game

TKUIYEAGER1

Hi,

I am adding here a photo of my PC temperatures while in game (fortnite),

I think my temperatures are higher than they should be.

I have only one fan case, on cpu fan and one gpu fan (GTX 1060 3GB short),

Another fan arrived with the case but the problem is that my mobo (ASUS H110M-C) has only one fan connection,

any suggestions?

unknown.png

Those temperatures are perfectly fine. While one's idea of "safe" temperatures is fairly relative, it is best to keep temps below 85c when at peak load for extended periods of time-- especially if overclocked. If you're gaming at or below 75c I wouldn't worry. Anything below that and you're golden. 

EDIT: Obviously lower temperatures are better. However the difference between 60c and 70c is ultimately negligible. With your specific CPU, the Tcase (which is basically Intel's peak rated temperature for this chip) is 71c. You're well enough below that to warrant any real concern. 

That motherboard has two fan headers and you really do need at least two for positive air pressure - one intake, one exhaust. It might be worth using a splitter so that you can have two intake and one exhaust, which would be better. Check section 1.7.2 of your manual and it shows where both fan headers are located.

2 minutes ago, TKUIYEAGER1 said:

Hi,

I am adding here a photo of my PC temperatures while in game (fortnite),

I think my temperatures are higher than they should be.

I have only one fan case, on cpu fan and one gpu fan (GTX 1060 3GB short),

Another fan arrived with the case but the problem is that my mobo (ASUS H110M-C) has only one fan connection,

any suggestions?

unknown.png

well if you want to have better cooling you better buy a better case and fans, because you only have 2 fans and for air cooling it is weak (especially with the hardware you have)or you can buy 4pin fan connectors to molex connector (https://www.amazon.com/ModTek-4-Pin-Molex-Connector-Connection/dp/B00MYA3A4C) like this :D

13 minutes ago, johnukguy said:

That motherboard has two fan headers and you really do need at least two for positive air pressure - one intake, one exhaust. It might be worth using a splitter so that you can have two intake and one exhaust, which would be better. Check section 1.7.2 of your manual and it shows where both fan headers are located.

I am  currently using the 3pin fan from my case which is connected to the chassi slot on mobo, do you think i should buy a 4 pin to 2 * 4 pin fan connector?

12 minutes ago, diogo_the_man said:

well if you want to have better cooling you better buy a better case and fans, because you only have 2 fans and for air cooling it is weak (especially with the hardware you have)or you can buy 4pin fan connectors to molex connector (https://www.amazon.com/ModTek-4-Pin-Molex-Connector-Connection/dp/B00MYA3A4C) like this :D

What does the case has to do with this? 

15 minutes ago, CrippledROBOT said:

Those temperatures are perfectly fine. While one's idea of "safe" temperatures is fairly relative, it is best to keep temps below 85c when at peak load for extended periods of time-- especially if overclocked. If you're gaming at or below 75c I wouldn't worry. Anything below that and you're golden. 

EDIT: Obviously lower temperatures are better. However the difference between 60c and 70c is ultimately negligible. With your specific CPU, the Tcase (which is basically Intel's peak rated temperature for this chip) is 71c. You're well enough below that to warrant any real concern. 

Do you have a guide of how to arrange the fans so one will be exaust and one intake?

1 minute ago, TKUIYEAGER1 said:

I am  currently using the 3pin fan from my case which is connected to the chassi slot on mobo, do you think i should buy a 4 pin to 2 * 4 pin fan connector?

Do you have a guide of how to arrange the fans so one will be exaust and one intake?

You just screw one in to the already drilled fan mount holes on the front and one on the back, and you do have two fan headers on that board so can have two, but I would recommend two on the front and one on the back. This might help:

18 minutes ago, johnukguy said:

You just screw one in to the already drilled fan mount holes on the front and one on the back, and you do have two fan headers on that board so can have two, but I would recommend two on the front and one on the back. This might help:

I think you are wrong because i have one cpu fan and one case fan so i can only plug 1 intake/exaust which was already screwed in the front

41 minutes ago, TKUIYEAGER1 said:

No but I can certainly help you with that! Do you have a picture of your case?

20 minutes ago, CrippledROBOT said:

No but I can certainly help you with that! Do you have a picture of your case?

Corsair spec-03 carbide red, but still, only have one fan slot

1 minute ago, TKUIYEAGER1 said:

Corsair spec-03 carbide red, but still, only have one fan slot

I really wouldn't worry about those temps, but if you want to improve them, you could invest in a better CPU cooler. The second option is of course to add case fans but as you only have one fan slot, you could get a fan splitter OR get a fan controller for the front bay. The push-pull (or intake exhaust) option is considered best. This means one fan sucking air in and one fan sucking air out. That's all! Does that help? :)

4 minutes ago, CrippledROBOT said:

I really wouldn't worry about those temps, but if you want to improve them, you could invest in a better CPU cooler. The second option is of course to add case fans but as you only have one fan slot, you could get a fan splitter OR get a fan controller for the front bay. The push-pull (or intake exhaust) option is considered best. This means one fan sucking air in and one fan sucking air out. That's all! Does that help? :)

Yep, also i have now started using the EVGA Precision program to increase fan power to 60% and now the gpu doesn't pass 60c even while in game, but the problem is that it doesn't save the settings after restart, any suggestions?

16 minutes ago, TKUIYEAGER1 said:

Yep, also i have now started using the EVGA Precision program to increase fan power to 60% and now the gpu doesn't pass 60c even while in game, but the problem is that it doesn't save the settings after restart, any suggestions?

I think you're really worrying too much about this. My MSI 980ti doesn't even begin to spin fans up UNTIL 60c (and that's factory settings). My EVGA 1080ti is slightly more aggressive. As for the EVGA Precision, if you hit apply and make sure that all boxes are checked for keeping those settings after reboot you should be good to go. I don't have Precision on the computer that I am using right now so I can't guide you through that, but again, may as well save your fans and not run them that aggressively for such a low temperature! For GPUs if you're staying under 80c you're in a great place. If you're getting from 80c to 85c, that is still OK, not ideal, but nothing to WORRY about. Past 85c on the GPU after extended and intense gaming sessions is when you should start to look into things more. 

I hope that helps!! :D

1 minute ago, CrippledROBOT said:

I think you're really worrying too much about this. My MSI 980ti doesn't even begin to spin fans up UNTIL 60c (and that's factory settings). My EVGA 1080ti is slightly more aggressive. As for the EVGA Precision, if you hit apply and make sure that all boxes are checked for keeping those settings after reboot you should be good to go. I don't have Precision on the computer that I am using right now so I can't guide you through that, but again, may as well save your fans and not run them that aggressively for such a low temperature! For GPUs if you're staying under 80c you're in a great place. If you're getting from 80c to 85c, that is still OK, not ideal, but nothing to WORRY about. Past 85c on the GPU after extended and intense gaming sessions is when you should start to look into things more. 

I hope that helps!! :D

Ok i returned it to the default settings, so in conclusion do you recommend buying spliter?

5 minutes ago, TKUIYEAGER1 said:

Ok i returned it to the default settings, so in conclusion do you recommend buying spliter?

If you are using the stock cooler, I'd recommend just picking up a little better of a cooler. But again, 60c at load isn't anything to worry about. But if you want to add more airflow, then I'd say go for a splitter and a push-pull configuration in your chassis! :)