Have any of you tried Mashinky and / or Railway Empire?

Bhav

How do they compare to Railroad Tycoon 2?

Railway Empire currenty seems too expensive and the reviews highlight a lot of problematic bugs and lack of content, so I'd rather wait until the price comes down and after theres more expansions and patches first.

Mashinky is priced a lot better, but still early access.

Linus is my fetish.

Never played RT2 but bought mashinky a few months ago on sale and really enjoyed it but beat all the content within a weekend. Needing more of a train fix I bought Transport fever and really enjoyed that game.  Its not soley about trains but its the bulk of the game.  It has way more content and it kept me busy for quite awhile. First going through the campaign, then several sandbox games going for achievements.  I tried going back to mashinky after playing Transport fever and had a hard time getting back into it.  I have heard transport fever compared to RT2 many times.

I've been watching for railway empire to go on sale to pick it up.

Another really amazing game is factorio.  Again its not solely about trains but they can play a big part and is an amazing game that just keeps getting better and you will have no problem sinking in 100s of hours.