GPU Budget Build Help

Hello there this is my first build and I have a very tight budget for my graphics card and am building a gaming PC. I have everything except for a Graphics card and would like a few opinions on what to do my current build is as follows.

CASE: Corsair Spec 1

MB:     H170 Asus pro gaming 

SSD:   Samsung 280 250GB

Ram:   2x4 Corsair Vengeance 

CPU:   I5 6600K - H100v2 cooled

PSU:   Corsair 750

I have looked at the 1050 and 780 Ti although I'm kind of lost on what to do any suggestions out there?

I would go for the newer 1050 (get the Ti variant if you can)

It's a newer architecture and you can definitely feel a upgrade after upgrading

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

I'd urge you to go for the 1050 if I was only to pick between the 2 as its newer and draws much much much less power compared to a 780 ti.

I'd also recommend the Ti version of the 1050 if you have more to spare. If you still have some money and patience to spare, you can try and look for a used gtx 970. Almost everyone is recommending this here right now(like its just everywhere). Its comparable to a 1060 3gb with an extra .5gb of VRAM and if you're lucky you can get some of these for cheap but its, if i can say, in high demand recently..

P.S. I upgraded from a gtx 1050 to a gtx 970 on a 1366x768 monitor (yep i'm poor and with bad priority choices) and I can say that the difference between the 2 cards are very big on this resolution.

Thank you for the heads up! That could be another path I could look at to take, granted if I can find one for a decent price. Honestly anything will be better than the 210 I have in there right now haha.

2 minutes ago, Deadman121595 said:

Thank you for the heads up! That could be another path I could look at to take, granted if I can find one for a decent price. Honestly anything will be better than the 210 I have in there right now haha.

a gt 210? haha I think you're better off using your iGPU haha kidding aside, or you can wait a few more weeks (or months) becuase, as far as I'm seeing right now, graphics cards prices are on their way back to lower prices but its still kinda high when compared to their release msrp.

I got lucky on mine because I contacted the seller telling that I'm interested and the seller replied and was willing to give it to me for about 150usd and he was selling it for around 180usd

Yea, i'm probably going to search the market and wait till I find a good deal on something out there. Im not going to die without it just gaming on my mac just isn't a thing haha. So, I'm starting to move from console into the PC universe and would rather a good experience if it means waiting a little longer. Although I figured i'd ask for advice because i'm a Noob ? 

2 minutes ago, Deadman121595 said:

Yea, i'm probably going to search the market and wait till I find a good deal on something out there. Im not going to die without it just gaming on my mac just isn't a thing haha. So, I'm starting to move from console into the PC universe and would rather a good experience if it means waiting a little longer. Although I figured i'd ask for advice because i'm a Noob ? 

oh haha if you have a mac then maybe you've heard of geforce now.. if you haven't, its like nvidia streams games from their servers to your mac. Its free right now on mac, if i remember correctly, but you're gonna need really good internet to use it.

5 minutes ago, Triventular said:

oh haha if you have a mac then maybe you've heard of geforce now.. if you haven't, its like nvidia streams games from their servers to your mac. Its free right now on mac, if i remember correctly, but you're gonna need really good internet to use it.

I actually haven't but it's definitely worth checking out for now!

Quick question. Do you think i could run a duel display with the 1050?

A unreliable suggestion

------------------------------

CPU i5 2550K@4.5ghz 50$

MB z77 40$

Mem D3 4g*4 100$

GPU gtx760 90$

------------------------------

PS:just for fun.

PSS:All price is caculated in CHINA.

=================================

A reliable suggestion

---------------------------

if you don't need play games in 2k resolution

buy GTX1050(2GB)

if you need

buy GTX1050ti(4GB)

=================================

Some useless words

Recently because the priece of ETH is going down ,so the price of graphic card may reduce...

Be patient if you want to save your Money....

(But I am not patient enough so I bought a gtx1050 last week :()

-----------------------------------------A poor guy's computer---------------------------------------------

CPU->Sencend hand i7-4770T(ES)

Motherboard->Sencend hand MSI B85M_E45(could't put in a MATX computer case)

Memory->Sencend hand 16g (4g*2 kingston hyper X+4g*1 kingston+4g*1 gloway)

Graphiccard->Sencend hand Colorful GTX 1050(actually it's 99% new)

SSD->Toshiba Q300 240g(I won't write my date into a SECOND HAND SSD)

Hard Disk->Seagate ST2000DM006-2DM164 2TB

Monitor->Sencend hand SAMSUNG C24F390(A senior sold me with a very LOW price)

Keyboard->Rapoo V500L

Mouse->JAMES DONKEY no.112

Power Supply->FSP320-60EGA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Someday I'll be afford to buy a brand new computer...)

Just to jump in here real quick and reiterate what everyone else is saying.  

If you can, get the 1050 Ti OR look for a used GTX 970.  I have one of those and I got it for an absolute steal middle of last year for £85 here in the UK.  If you can find a deal on one, do it. 

Everyone suggest here the GTX 1050.

Yes the GTX 1050 is good for a weak PSU but WAAAYY more slower than the GTX 780TI.

If you have a beefy PSU get the GTX 780TI it is better than the GTX 1050 by ~105%.

Proof:

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/2512/geforce-gtx-780-ti

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-780-Ti-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1050/2165vs3650

As for the newer ¨architecture¨ doesn't mean it is better. It has DX12 support like the newest GPUs and got still updates from Nvidia.

Also the GTX 780 TI will be ~80% faster than the GTX 1050 TI.

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-780-Ti-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti/2165vs3649

I recommend you the GTX 780 TI only if you have a PSU above than 550Watts.