Recording from two sources

Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,
6 hours ago, Two Perspectives said:

I should clarify, we record from Xboxes (for the moment until i can build another gaming pc) I saw another site that said that they both won't work at the same time. I just want to be sure that they both will work at the same time.

You should contact Elgato or the other companies which make these capture cards. Your situation is so far from what would be considered normal, that its unlikely to find answer. If the cards both work as individuals, there isn't issues. OBS and other streaming/recording software can have as many sources as you need.

Level1 had at some point some guide on how to create network streaming hub where they had up to 4 simultaneous feeds over LAN connection. But I think that isn't very budget solution.

Hey I need some help with something. I have a youtube channel that focuses on getting two perspectives of the game, my friends and my pov. Currently i have a really low grade laptop running the youtube stream recording the screen with OBS, and my gaming computer doing the same thing. Its not the best quality so i need a solution to get both screens at good quality. I don't have enough money to build another computer and i only have enough for the capture card or two. Could running two capture cards on the gaming rig i have allow me to record both screens at the same time or is there a better way of doing this?

Ok So you have Computer A (your laptop which I assume your friend plays on) and Computer B (your Gaming PC that you record on)

Now A. What are the specs of the PC?

B. Can the laptop be outputted to HDMI? If so, can it run on a spare monitor?

What you could do is hook up the two capture cards to the Gaming PC and record it that way. You will notice a drop in performance but hopefully not enough to damage your gaming experience

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

I should clarify, we record from Xboxes (for the moment until i can build another gaming pc) I saw another site that said that they both won't work at the same time. I just want to be sure that they both will work at the same time.

6 hours ago, Two Perspectives said:

You should contact Elgato or the other companies which make these capture cards. Your situation is so far from what would be considered normal, that its unlikely to find answer. If the cards both work as individuals, there isn't issues. OBS and other streaming/recording software can have as many sources as you need.

Level1 had at some point some guide on how to create network streaming hub where they had up to 4 simultaneous feeds over LAN connection. But I think that isn't very budget solution.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv