GTX 770: Best Looking Stock Cooler?

N00B_person

Fellow Hypernerds,

You've seen the title; which company makes the best cooler for said card?

The MSI Lightning is the best one I've found. Any advances on that?

LOOK AT MY TUBE, MY TUBE IS AMAZING. DONT LICK IT IT DOESN'T TASTE LIKE ANYTHING. IT DOESN'T HAVE A MANE OR PENIS EITHER. SHUT UP.

Gainward's Phantom is my favorite.

If you regard my facts as wrong, feel free to rectify it.

——————————————————————————

If you regard my opinions as wrong, feel free to ignore it.

You mean who makes the best after -market cooler, the stock cooler is the NVidia designed cooler.

I like the MSI gaming cooler

You mean who makes the best after -market cooler, the stock cooler is the NVidia designed cooler.

I like the MSI gaming cooler

ah, my bad. that is what I meant.

LOOK AT MY TUBE, MY TUBE IS AMAZING. DONT LICK IT IT DOESN'T TASTE LIKE ANYTHING. IT DOESN'T HAVE A MANE OR PENIS EITHER. SHUT UP.

Gigabyte Windforce. because thats the one im gona be getting. and triple cooler looks awesome. but i say GB Windforce and MSI Twin Frozr ae about equal when it comes to aweomse looks. I always found ASUS DCUII to be pretty "standard" looking and kinda ugly

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Gainward Phantom and ASUS DCUii

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Does it really matter on looks. My point is that almost all cases show the "wrong" side of the card. All we see once it is in the case if the rear of the pcb and the top edge.

At lease the stock cooler has the lovely Geforce GTX logo that lights up.

If I was to pick an aftermarker cooler card it would be the Asus Direct CU, just because it is so good. 

Nothing to see here - move along.

I really like the simple look of the ACX coolers from EVGA 

(hence my choice in GPU  :D

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

Gigabyte Windforce. because thats the one im gona be getting. and triple cooler looks awesome. but i say GB Windforce and MSI Twin Frozr ae about equal when it comes to aweomse looks. I always found ASUS DCUII to be pretty "standard" looking and kinda ugly

I think the cooler is pretty ugly, but it's cooling is awesome. I have Gtx 660 :D

I think the cooler is pretty ugly, but it's cooling is awesome. I have Gtx 660 :D

WELL F*CK YOU! jk :P

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Twin Frozr has been the best since around the 500 and 600 series now the Asus DirectCU2 is pretty awesome but it has to be the one on the R9 290 and GTX 780.

For the Geforce 770 the best is probably the one nvidia released or the EVGA ACX...

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Galaxy's 770 HOF looks nice.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Gainward, their's just makes me fall in love, 'tis so beautiful :3

Current Build: Case: Define R4 White/Window CPU: i5 3470 @4.0Ghz GPU: GTX 680 DCUII +500Mhz(Mem) Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Monitor: Acer Monitor 1920x1080 MOBO: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Storage: 2TB HDD, 120GB 840 EVO (OS)

Future Build: 4670K, GTX 780 MSI TwinFrozr OC, Z87X-D3H, 8GB @1866Mhz, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 750D, RM 650W, Custom Loop. White/Blue/Black Colour Scheme. I literally cannot wait *_*

I like how your gif fits in with that comment ;)

:P

Specs of my PC:

H0o0o0ly shit, had a look at it and started crying. IT'S BEAUTIFUL! IT'S LIKE TEN JESUSES MOULDED INTO ONE!

That is by far one of my favourites :D

Wow that white pcb :o

- Intel i7 3770|Noctua NH-D14 -Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H -8GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 -Evga Sc Signature 2 GTX 680 -Fractal Define R4 -2TB WD Black Caviar -120GB Samsung 840 Pro -Cosair TX 650Watt -Benq XL2420T -CM Storm Quickfire TK -Zowie Ec1 Evo -Fiio E10 -

Audio Technica Ath-AD700x

Lightning looks great and is very quiet, even in SLI if you have a good case. The heatsink is massive for a 770, which is already a cool chip.

The asus dcuii is the best looking from the side imo. The nickel heatpipes give it a sort of .. 'car' look?

The phantom is naff lawl. I had a phantom 580. Didn't cool it well enough, annoying fluctuating sound signature that nearly drove me batshit, and the entire shroud is glossy plastic. eew.

Depends on your colour scheme,

Red: MSI Twin Frozr or Asus DCUII

Black: Gigabyte Windforce, PNY, Palitt, Gainward

Greyish: EVGA

White: Galaxy HOF

They all perform much the same but it all depends on what you're aesthetic preferences are; or if that doesn't bother you; get the cheapest one you can.

I'm the one who overclocks.

CPU: i5 2500k w/CM Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OC'd@4.2GHz RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB  MOBO: Intel Burrage DP67BG GPU: MSI GTX770 Twin Frozr 2GB HDD: 2x Seagate 2TB Barracuda PSU: Gigabyte ODIN 550W