NZXT Internal USB Hub Help

KSP

Hey guys,

Sorry if this is posted under the wrong sub forum

So I’ve been needing another internal USB 2.0 connection for my HUE+ for a bit, since my USB 2.0 header on my motherboard was being taken up by my NZXT Kraken X52. I’ve been looking at the NZXT Internal USB Hub so that I could use both my X52 and HUE+. The hub uses a Molex cable for power and of course plugs into the motherboard. While I was reading some reader reviews, I’ve read that the molex cable (I believe) is kind of “shady” and has caused some major problems in some people’s computers, including failing and releasing smoke and killing the whole computer. I’m quite worried about this of course, especially since I’ve put so much time and money into my build and NZXT doesn’t exactly... well let’s just say that have “questionable” customer service. Does anyone use this Hub? Would you recommend it? What are your experiences with it? Are there any alernatives? Thank you

Riptide

Spoiler

| CPUi7 9700K @4.8GHz | Motherboard - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Code | Cooler - NZXT Kraken X52 | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB @3600MHz | GPU - EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid @2.1GHz | Storage - Samsung 960 Pro 512GB; Samsung 850 Evo 1TB; WD Black 2TB | Power Supply - EVGA G3 1000 Watt (with CableMod Cables) | Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG (Anthracite Gray) | Case Fans - Too many Corsair ML120 Pro fans :P |

Peripherals

Spoiler

| Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Platinum with Cherry MX Brown switches | Mouse - Logitech G Pro + Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | Audio - Sennheiser PC37X + GSX 1000 |

I have and have never had any problems with the hub - in fact it works fine. This could be because that people are pushing too much power through the hub somehow - in fact I have never heard of this issue before. While NZXT's services are not brilliant, their products are.

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.