Best Capture Card For Dual PC Streaming Setup

I'm wanting to stream so I've been looking into capture cards and whether one or two pc's is good or what and I think i'd like to get two pc's which seems slightly work heavy but in the end gives more control. I've also heard about stuttering and screen tearing with certain capture cards so I was wondering if someone has any experience with stuff like that and knows which is the best one. Thanks.

The Elgato HD 60 Pro and 4k cards are great capture cards that wont do you wrong. I use the Elgato HD 60 s for my game capture of my PS4 and Nintendo Switch while streaming no problems. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, legacy99 said:

The Elgato HD 60 Pro and 4k cards are great capture cards that wont do you wrong. I use the Elgato HD 60 s for my game capture of my PS4 and Nintendo Switch while streaming no problems. 

Cheers

20 hours ago, legacy99 said:

The 4K version is bare boned I would not suggest using it, Specially if you use HDR. Elgato is decent but there hardware/Firmware/Drivers have had issues over the years. Plus it doesn't get along with some motherboards out there. Windows 10 has a habit of breaking there drivers every time there a major update. Forcing the user to uninstall everything tied to Elgato and cleaning the registry files as well. Before Installing the new software, Firmware & Drivers.

I have the HD60Pro in my Skylake system, to this date I have yet to have it work correctly on Windows 10. Each time I enter The capture software is says no signal, which forces me to disable the card in the device manger and then re-enabling it. Then it works correctly.

^This is a known issue for some users and Elgato has yet to fix this.

20 hours ago, Activatemyrem said:

I'm wanting to stream so I've been looking into capture cards and whether one or two pc's is good or what and I think i'd like to get two pc's which seems slightly work heavy but in the end gives more control. I've also heard about stuttering and screen tearing with certain capture cards so I was wondering if someone has any experience with stuff like that and knows which is the best one. Thanks.

Screen tearing is not the capture card most of the time but the source material. Only reason you should have a stuttering is if your harddrive can't keep up.

At what Resolution do you want to stream at? Also be aware you need have a very fast upstream to do dual streaming at the same time. I would check your Upstream first before heading down this road. There also multiple ways of doing dual streaming.

Middle Level Brands:

- hauppauge

- Elgato

- Avermedia

I personally favor Magewell, They produce much higher quality hardware then what companies like Elgato or hauppauge make. There also a bit more money too. You get more option with Magewell within the hardware.

There also BlackMagic which is similar to Magewell.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

On 3/23/2018 at 4:03 PM, Revan654 said:

The 4K version is bare boned I would not suggest using it, Specially if you use HDR. Elgato is decent but there hardware/Firmware/Drivers have had issues over the years. Plus it doesn't get along with some motherboards out there. Windows 10 has a habit of breaking there drivers every time there a major update. Forcing the user to uninstall everything tied to Elgato and cleaning the registry files as well. Before Installing the new software, Firmware & Drivers.

I have the HD60Pro in my Skylake system, to this date I have yet to have it work correctly on Windows 10. Each time I enter The capture software is says no signal, which forces me to disable the card in the device manger and then re-enabling it. Then it works correctly.

^This is a known issue for some users and Elgato has yet to fix this.

Screen tearing is not the capture card most of the time but the source material. Only reason you should have a stuttering is if your harddrive can't keep up.

At what Resolution do you want to stream at? Also be aware you need have a very fast upstream to do dual streaming at the same time. I would check your Upstream first before heading down this road. There also multiple ways of doing dual streaming.

Middle Level Brands:

- hauppauge

- Elgato

- Avermedia

I personally favor Magewell, They produce much higher quality hardware then what companies like Elgato or hauppauge make. There also a bit more money too. You get more option with Magewell within the hardware.

There also BlackMagic which is similar to Magewell.

Is there an experienced difference between USB 3.0 and PCIe cards? I'm looking to obtain one as well. 1080p is fine, since that's all my hardware can really do. I haven't done anything 4k or what not. A capture card would be great for my laptop and stuff, but didn't know if the connection interface made much of a difference.

7 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Is there an experienced difference between USB 3.0 and PCIe cards? I'm looking to obtain one as well. 1080p is fine, since that's all my hardware can really do. I haven't done anything 4k or what not. A capture card would be great for my laptop and stuff, but didn't know if the connection interface made much of a difference.

Depends on the Company. Elgato for Example has higher Bitrate and has an oboard H.264 decoder built in on the pcie versions. HD60Pro is the best out of all the 1080p models.

Comparison Chart: https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/game-capture-hd60-pro

Certain USB 3.0 controllers don't get along with Elgato HD60S.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon