Being able to turn off RGB independently from PC

Coaxialgamer

One of my big PC projects i'll do sooner or later will involve completely watercooling a PC in a similar way to this.

Spoiler

I really like RGB if done properly , and having a BA PC is on my to-do list .

Don't question my e s t h e t i c s , a debate about RGB isn't the point of this thread.

Anyway , here's my situation : i keep my PC in my room, and usually leave it running . The noise doesn't really bother me much , but light does. My existing LED mouse is already anyone when i have to sleep , and i've just resorted to putting my mousepad on it when not in use ( its a cheap mouse , can't turn off the lights , whatever ).

Problem is an RGB build would make things a whole lot worse , and i do need to keep the PC on for overnight tasks .

My question : is there an easy setup i could implement that would allow me to disable all rgb at once , while still being practical ? something like a remote controlled RBG controller?

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Plug PC into power bar. 

Turn power bar off when you sleep?

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

Just now, bob51zhang said:

Plug PC into power bar. 

Turn power bar off when you sleep?

that would shut off the computer...

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Just now, Coaxialgamer said:

that would shut off the computer...

Sorry, misread it. I thought you said you DIDN'T need to use your computer at night.

I'm sure there's a way of interacting with it GUIs by using macros (AutoHotkey or AutoIt) which could be set up with a bit of time.

The problem is some RAM sticks (like mine lol) just don't turn off and isn't controllable. So when you're buying parts, just make sure it's possible to control by software, and you should be set.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

it is easy if you have all the RGB connected to a single control hub - those typically need to be connected to a sata power connector - now you could either get a sata power extension cord and hack a switch between the two ends or take an off-the-shelf harddrive switcher - either a switchbox that you can install in a drive bay in the front like this one: 

61aH78mLStL._SL1200_.jpg

or a PCI bracket variant that goes in the rear:

Bildergebnis für sata power switch

1 hour ago, Coaxialgamer said:

-SNIP-

You can install RGB strips with a remove control system that allows for different modes color including the ability to turn off the lighting. 

https://cablemod.com/product/cablemod-widebeam-magnetic-rgb-led-kit-30cm/

-Moved to Modding Section-

6 hours ago, johnukguy said:

Just turn the damn thing off for god's sake.

No.  :P

Edited by Coaxialgamer

20 hours ago, Coaxialgamer said:

No.  :P

You're going to great lengths and great effort in order to be lazy. That will come back to bite you later in life.