New rig having some OS issues?

hello,

Im having a couple problems with a completly new rig, and its really bugging me. I greatly appreciate any help.

1. my network seems to just disconnect for no apparent reason, the ethernet icon gets an X on it just randomly and im disconnected from the internett. I am using a ethernet cable, and the cable itself is working just fine. im even directly connected to the Router rather than a switch. Any input here? this seems to happen randomly after startup, but not after its been a while?

2. When i sometimes boot and come to the login screen, my resolution is horrendous and when i log on it tells me to log off, so i do, and it comes back to its normal resolution, any input here?

I think the ethernet problem might have happened after i did an update on the ethernet driver, altough the driver i installed was newer than my old one ?

Thanks for any input in advance.

EDIT: Bios needs an update i think, maybe thats the problem ?

My spec:

asus rog strix b350-f gaming

Asus gtx 1060 3gb dual oc

Amd ryzen 1600

Ballistix 2x4gb 2666mhz

OZC agility 3 120gb boot drive (this one might just be faulty in it self? ive tried testing it, and its showing really bad results on benchmarks)

Sandisk 120gb - something something, i dont know the name

500gb Western HDD something something - just for storage.

Edited by k96
extra info

Did you do a clean installation of Windows? Since you mention it, what does CrystalDiskInfo show for the health of the drives?

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

1 minute ago, Jamiec1130 said:

Did you do a clean installation of Windows? Since you mention it, what does CrystalDiskInfo show for the health of the drives?

It was all clean, first i installed with all drives onboard, and the OS split between both SSD. Keeping the OS on the OZC and system reserve on sandisk, so i reinstalled by removing both SSD and HDD and only keeping OZC on. Everything was fine. 

Where do i check health on the crystaldiskinfo program? The OZC own utility however shows the SSD being 100% healthy, + it had a firmware update, so i did that just now. Hence why read/write was better compared to userbenchmark i think ?.

5 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

Heres the picture i took like an hour ago.

1.PNG

2 minutes ago, k96 said:

1.PNG

Sorry for all the quotes:

Am i just better off reinstalling the OS ? currently im cloning the OZC disk to my sandisk, but the problems might just be copied with it?

2 minutes ago, k96 said:

That's not the health, that's CrystalDiskMark. Here's the download link for CDI: HERE (Goes to OSDN)

1 minute ago, k96 said:

Sorry for all the quotes:

Am i just better off reinstalling the OS ? currently im cloning the OZC disk to my sandisk, but the problems might just be copied with it?

I'd just do a clean install on the better drive and start fresh. 

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

9 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

That's not the health, that's CrystalDiskMark. Here's the download link for CDI: HERE (Goes to OSDN)

I'd just do a clean install on the better drive and start fresh. 

ahhh, i guees OS reinstall would be better.

Should i also update bios or isnt that necessary?

1 minute ago, k96 said:

ahhh, i guees OS reinstall would be better.

Should i also update bios or isnt that necessary?

It shouldn't hurt, so I'd do it anyway. 

Just now, Jamiec1130 said:

It shouldn't hurt, so I'd do it anyway. 

Alright, well thanks for the advice. Ill go and do that right now.