GPU's on Ebay

Blancaster

Would someone let the people on Ebay know that gpu prices are falling? Seriously, people are still selling them around the prices I could buy them for new. They need to be like $50 cheaper than anything I can find new. 

Specifically talking about the 1060, but the others are just as bad.

They'll sell 'em at that price as long as they'll sell at that price.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

23 minutes ago, Blancaster said:

They need to be like $50 cheaper than anything I can find new. 

They don't need to be anything. eBay is a marketplace. Are you saying that if you were the seller in this current market where an MSRP GPU is 200$ that is being sold for 360-400$. You'd sell it for 150$?

Don't want something that you wouldn't do vice-versa. That is the way of the world.

Uh... a 1050 To?

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

2 hours ago, Blancaster said:

Would someone let the people on Ebay know that gpu prices are falling? Seriously, people are still selling them around the prices I could buy them for new. They need to be like $50 cheaper than anything I can find new. 

Specifically talking about the 1060, but the others are just as bad.

I feel your struggle man. Same problem as ppl on ebay selling a pc for way more than its new

My main rig  Shardsedge

☟ INFO & SPECS 

• Information:

This build is made for video editing, Gaming and livestreaming.

probably 65% of this build has been bought used.

• Specifications:

CPU  AMD Ryzen 7 1700

GPU  Sapphire RX 580 PULSE 4GB

SSD ✦ Toshiba TR200 240GB

HDD ✦ WD Black 160GB 2.5" + WD BLUE 1TB

PSU ✦ Corsair RM750X

RAM ✦ Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4 (8GB) 3000Mhz

CASE ✦ Corsair Crystal 460X

MOBO MSI X370 SLI Plus

My old pc build  Smoke

☟ INFO & SPECS 

• Information:

This build was made for gaming especially, it was my second build.

i had some struggles livestreaming on it because the CPU just wasn't good enough for that.

(I do not have this build anymore)

• Specifications:

CPU ✦ Intel i5 6500

GPU  Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 470 4G D5

SSD ✦ Kingston SSDNow v300 120GB

HDD ✦ WD Blue 1TB

PSU ✦ Corsair CX450M

RAM ✦ Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4 (8GB) 2400Mhz

CASE ✦ Sharkoon S25-V

MOBO ✦ MSI H110M ECO

That's not how free market works.

Also why you complaining about ebay price when you can get it elsewhere, cheaper

I don't get it.

Maybe I should tell them too that they are selling Xeon processor too cheap?

I think you guys misunderstand me. I know how the free market works. It's those idiots that don't (and the people that buy them). If it's a USED gpu, it /should/ never be sold at the same price or higher than what a new one costs. 

And to those of you that say if I don't like it, I shouldn't buy it, what do you think I'm doing now?

7 hours ago, phongle123 said:

Are you saying that if you were the seller in this current market where an MSRP GPU is 200$ that is being sold for 360-400$. You'd sell it for 150$?

No, I'm not talking about MSRP prices. I'm talking about the current price the gpu's. Like if a new one is $400 (while original MSRP is $200), a used one should be less than that. Like as I said $350 or lower. 

1 hour ago, Blancaster said:

No, I'm not talking about MSRP prices. I'm talking about the current price the gpu's. Like if a new one is $400 (while original MSRP is $200), a used one should be less than that. Like as I said $350 or lower. 

I see, definitely could have been more specific to prevent people going for the obvious choice which is usually MSRP. 

But what you're talking about is supply and demand. If a retailer doesn't have the 10## card at all or if the retailer doesn't have the specific brand+model card at all. Also, brand and model that a consumer wants. While it may be only 20 or 30$ more for ex: an 10## EVGA Superclocked than another same GPU of a different model. That's still 20-30$ more.

Sure someone could sell it for 50$ less or even 100$ less. Someone would snatch it up quick and worse sell it back at a higher price on craigslist. In the long run, someone selling something for cheap doesn't affect the market. 

If X product were to cost 99.99$. And some random seller sells 500 quantities of X product for 59.99$. Well this is a 40% off and seems more of a sale in which people would buy all 500 quantities within a few hours. This does not affect the market.

Now if the same random seller sells 500 quantities of X product for 89.99$. Well this is a 10% off and not much of a deal. In this case, other sellers would then try to beat that random sellers price by going down from 99.99$ to 88.99$ or something. Then others will join in. 

This also happens on single quantity items. But this for sure does not affect the market. It only affects the profitability of the seller.

I'm starting to notice more sellers listing some cards at lower prices, and letting the bidder pretty much decide the price. One example is the 1070 Ti. I'm seeing a couple at under $400 USD. Then again, there was still 5 or more days left in the auction.

3 hours ago, Blancaster said:

I think you guys misunderstand me. I know how the free market works. It's those idiots that don't (and the people that buy them). If it's a USED gpu, it /should/ never be sold at the same price or higher than what a new one costs. 

And to those of you that say if I don't like it, I shouldn't buy it, what do you think I'm doing now?

Free Market doesn't really apply here. eBay is generally independent sellers doing what they want. What they SHOULD sell at and what they DO sell at are two completely different things. This is where "speaking with your wallet" comes into play. You don't like the prices? Don't buy it. Unfortunately, someone will, and as long as that's going to happen, the market plays itself out like that until that demand dies down.

Ultrima Z238EC: Ryzen 7 3800X @ stock, Enermax AquaFusion AIO w/ 2 be quiet! Silent Wings 3 fans, ASRock Taichi X570, Zotac Geforce GTX 1070 AMP!, 2x8GB TeamGroup Dark Pro 3200MHz, Lian Li Lancool II Case