HELP. Hit RX 570 BIOS switch, card now not recognized/working even on original switch.

Vekta

So I got an RX 570 Sapphire Nitro 8gb recently, used. Ran great in the other guys rig, I put it in mine, and it tries to stay 300mhz all the time, cannot run anything. Yes I have the drivers, got rid of old drivers, deleted conflicting OC software, etc. I've done everything, and it preforms about as bad as my old GT 660. Horrible stuttering, crashes even trying to run WaW at lowest settings, etc. Has crashed my PC multiple times. Old card was a 750Ti which I never had a single issue with. 

So, after trying to find out what the BIOS switch did, and was recommended to flip it and try the other "mode", I flipped it, booted, PC crashed before loading, switched it back, booted again, now Im stuck at a disgusting resolution and my computer says my card has an issue and isnt working. Did I just flash it? Im not techy enough to understand all this, all I know is my card wasnt working to begin with, now its not working at all, and I'm out a whole lot of money. Please help..

6 minutes ago, Vekta said:

So I got an RX 570 Sapphire Nitro 8gb recently, used. Ran great in the other guys rig, I put it in mine, and it tries to stay 300mhz all the time, cannot run anything. Yes I have the drivers, got rid of old drivers, deleted conflicting OC software, etc. I've done everything, and it preforms about as bad as my old GT 660. Horrible stuttering, crashes even trying to run WaW at lowest settings, etc. Has crashed my PC multiple times. Old card was a 750Ti which I never had a single issue with. 

So, after trying to find out what the BIOS switch did, and was recommended to flip it and try the other "mode", I flipped it, booted, PC crashed before loading, switched it back, booted again, now Im stuck at a disgusting resolution and my computer says my card has an issue and isnt working. Did I just flash it? Im not techy enough to understand all this, all I know is my card wasnt working to begin with, now its not working at all, and I'm out a whole lot of money. Please help..

Did you switch the bios while the PC was on? you can try to do a bios flash if you can find the right one from the sapphire website

i7-7700k @4.8GHz

Asus Maxmius IX hero

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW 3

850w EVGA PSU

32GB corsair LPX ddr4 ram 

Just now, That-Something_ said:

Did you switch the bios while the PC was on? you can try to do a bios flash if you can find the right one from the sapphire website

PC was off. Did that actually flash it? The only info I could find was that one was the standard mode, one was the silent mode, or that one was BIOS, one was UEFI. Either way, I dont think it should have bricked my card by flipping a switch? 

8 minutes ago, Vekta said:

You bought a mining card didn't you?

Do you have integrated graphics or another GPU you can boot from while the card is in your PC?

Flipping the switch while it was on shouldn't affect anything, it should only check then when it's booting up. At least one of the BIOS should be write protected.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Just now, Vekta said:

PC was off. Did that actually flash it? The only info I could find was that one was the standard mode, one was the silent mode, or that one was BIOS, one was UEFI. Either way, I dont think it should have bricked my card by flipping a switch? 

No, the switch wont flash the BIOS the switch is meant for better clockspeeds and faster fans etc just better performance at the cost of noise and power, are you able to get into windows?

i7-7700k @4.8GHz

Asus Maxmius IX hero

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW 3

850w EVGA PSU

Just now, Streetguru said:

You bought a mining card didn't you?

Do you have integrated graphics or another GPU you can boot from while the card is in your PC?

Flipping the switch while it was on shouldn't affect anything

PC was off when I switched it. Also, no integrated graphics on my rig. He told me he didn't mine with it, and judging by his setup and other stuff he had I don't think it was mined with. Also ran flawlessly on his PC. So idk... feel like I'm 400 bucks lighter. 

1 minute ago, That-Something_ said:

No, the switch wont flash the BIOS the switch is meant for better clockspeeds and faster fans etc just better performance at the cost of noise and power, are you able to get into windows?

Yup, Im on windows now, just have the "no-GPU" resolution and have the message "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43" in device manager. 

1 minute ago, Vekta said:

Well just unplug the GPU for a while, let it totally discharge and then try it again on each BIOS. Or take it to a local PC shop or friend with a free PCI-e slot so you can try flashing the BIOS to the original.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

Just now, Vekta said:

PC was off when I switched it. Also, no integrated graphics on my rig. He told me he didn't mine with it, and judging by his setup and other stuff he had I don't think it was mined with. Also ran flawlessly on his PC. So idk... feel like I'm 400 bucks lighter. 

ok are you in windows on that PC? it kinda sounds like windows is being derpy from the clock speed, i've had the issue before

before we make any assumptions lets rule out all possibility's  first 

i7-7700k @4.8GHz

Asus Maxmius IX hero

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW 3

850w EVGA PSU

Just now, Vekta said:

Yup, Im on windows now, just have the "no-GPU" resolution and have the message "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43" in device manager. 

Just search for AMD or  Radeon Code 43

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/how-to-fix-amd-radeon-graphics-error-43-on-windows-10.html

Spoiler

1 minute ago, That-Something_ said:

ok are you in windows on that PC? it kinda sounds like windows is being derpy from the clock speed, i've had the issue before

before we make any assumptions lets rule out all possibility's  first 

Yeah Im running windows 10. The card would sometimes push 600mhz or so but usually would immediately drop. It would just spike and come right back to 300mhz. Never got warmer than 50°c, even the only time it worked and let me (kind of) play Titanfall 2. 

1 minute ago, Vekta said:

Yeah Im running windows 10. The card would sometimes push 600mhz or so but usually would immediately drop. It would just spike and come right back to 300mhz. Never got warmer than 50°c, even the only time it worked and let me (kind of) play Titanfall 2. 

OK did you google that code? also can you list you system specs, is your PSU good enough? 

i7-7700k @4.8GHz

Asus Maxmius IX hero

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW 3

850w EVGA PSU

Just now, Vekta said:

What happens when you run firestrike? Take a screenshot of GPU-Z during the graphics test. Do you have radeon settings installed and working? Check if you have Radeon Chill enabled.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

What happens when you run firestrike? Take a screenshot of GPU-Z during the graphics test. Do you have radeon settings installed and working? Check if you have Radeon Chill enabled.

I can download Firestrike but have only been using Heaven. Typically it will run low FPS, black screen the whole display, come back for a few frames, sometimes decent FPS, then blackscreen again, then usually crash Heaven or just reboot the entire PC. Ill check on chill, if I can get into Radeon. I cant even open it because of the GPU issue now. 

Just now, Vekta said:

I can download Firestrike but have only been using Heaven. Typically it will run low FPS, black screen the whole display, come back for a few frames, sometimes decent FPS, then blackscreen again, then usually crash Heaven or just reboot the entire PC. Ill check on chill, if I can get into Radeon. I cant even open it because of the GPU issue now. 

Do you have another power supply or system you can test the GPU in?

Did you already try reinstalling windows or running GNU/Linux off of a USB to test it there?

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, That-Something_ said:

OK did you google that code? also can you list you system specs, is your PSU good enough? 

AMD FX6300 CPU, CX650M PSU, 16 gigs DDR3 ram, dont know the MB but I know it has PCIe 3.0 slot. 

Ok try this command in CMD : go to windows serch type in CMD right click it and run as admin then type sfc /scannow 

This will scan the windows install to see if there is any errors 

i7-7700k @4.8GHz

Asus Maxmius IX hero

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW 3

850w EVGA PSU

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Did you already try reinstalling windows or running GNU/Linux off of a USB to test it there?

This is a brand new PSU, I'm even running both PCIE cables to it because it was acting like it needes more power, granted 1 should be fine as my MB can supply 130w alone to the slot... 

Just now, Vekta said:

This is a brand new PSU, I'm even running both PCIE cables to it because it was acting like it needes more power, granted 1 should be fine as my MB can supply 130w alone to the slot... 

No, the PCIe slot can ONLY provide 75 Watts not 130, always plugin the cables 

i7-7700k @4.8GHz

Asus Maxmius IX hero

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW 3

850w EVGA PSU

4 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

I guess I do, but holy hell is it a crappy system. Im not even sure if its hardwear specs will even be compatible with the 570, but maybe its worth a shot? 

Just now, Vekta said:

I guess I do, but holy hell is it a crappy system. Im not even sure if its hardwear specs will even be compatible with the 570, but maybe its worth a shot? 

So long as the PSU is decent you should be fine, or try moving your current PSU into that system for the time being. Your PSU should be fine.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, That-Something_ said:

No, the PCIe slot can ONLY provide 75 Watts not 130, always plugin the cables 

Oh really? I thought I had seen 130w on GPU z somewhere regarding my PCIe slot. Maybe it was another program. Idk, but its had the 8 + 6 pins filled ever since Ive had it in the system. 

Just now, Vekta said:

Oh really? I thought I had seen 130w on GPU z somewhere regarding my PCIe slot. Maybe it was another program. Idk, but its had the 8 + 6 pins filled ever since Ive had it in the system. 

Yes PCIe can only provide 75wats thru the slot, thats why GPU's need extra power. run that cmd command and tell me the results 

i7-7700k @4.8GHz

Asus Maxmius IX hero

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW 3

850w EVGA PSU

6 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

So long as the PSU is decent you should be fine, or try moving your current PSU into that system for the time being. Your PSU should be fine.

Also for further connsideration I've had artifacts and screen glitches here and there ever since I put it in my rig and booted up. Mostly in Heaven. 

Just now, Vekta said:

Also for further connsideration I've had artifacts and screen glitches here and there ever since I put it in my rig and booted up. Mostly in Heaven. 

You may have somehow killed your GPU, wait did you say you spent $400 on it? is that USD?

Spoiler