Should I jump on this deal?

_Froyo
Go to solution Solved by DJ46,

These deals for old "gaming" keyboards are awesome when you know what you're buying. That's how I bought my Blackwidow 2012 (for the same price actually).

The great thing about it is that if a few switches stop working, it's a great opportunity to learn how to solder and you can replace them cheaply and easily.

And if you decide you want to build a keyboard to your specifications, you can reuse the switches if you like them. That's how I reused the MX Blues from the Blackwidow in my new keyboard.

That price is a great deal even if you just buy it for the switches, as a 104 of those would cost way more.

I've been looking into mechanical keyboards for a while, but haven't wanted to cough up the price for a reputable brand. However, someone in my area is selling their Logitech G710+ for a bit over $35. It's in like-new condition, has Cherry MX Brown switches (which seems like the switch best for me) and though a somewhat old design, has great reviews from what I've seen. I can't think of any cons (other than the lack of blue, but that's not a big deal), but I'd like the opinion of some more experienced people. Do you think I should go for this deal? My current keyboard is a generic Dell membrane keyboard.

yes

CPU: AMD FX 4170 @ 4.7ghz Motherboard: Asus M5A97-R2.0 RAM: 11GB DDR3-1600 GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 780ti 3GB Reference Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout Storage: 1x 250GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM, 1x 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM, 1x 500gb Hitachi 7200RPM  PSU: Antec Earthwatts 650W Display: Dell U2410 (1920x1200 @ 60hz, 24") Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, 3x 140mm Cooler Master fan Keyboard: Lenovo OEM keyboard (membrane) Mouse: Redragon Centrophorus Sound: Sound Blaster xFi sound card & Marley Good Vibrations headphones Operating System: Windows 10 1809

These deals for old "gaming" keyboards are awesome when you know what you're buying. That's how I bought my Blackwidow 2012 (for the same price actually).

The great thing about it is that if a few switches stop working, it's a great opportunity to learn how to solder and you can replace them cheaply and easily.

And if you decide you want to build a keyboard to your specifications, you can reuse the switches if you like them. That's how I reused the MX Blues from the Blackwidow in my new keyboard.

That price is a great deal even if you just buy it for the switches, as a 104 of those would cost way more.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

YES. The g710+ is my personal keyboard and I love it. It has 6 macros and plenty of dedicated media buttons. The cherry mx brown switches are suitable for both typing and gaming. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

1 hour ago, _Froyo said:

I've been looking into mechanical keyboards for a while, but haven't wanted to cough up the price for a reputable brand. However, someone in my area is selling their Logitech G710+ for a bit over $35. It's in like-new condition, has Cherry MX Brown switches (which seems like the switch best for me) and though a somewhat old design, has great reviews from what I've seen. I can't think of any cons (other than the lack of blue, but that's not a big deal), but I'd like the opinion of some more experienced people. Do you think I should go for this deal? My current keyboard is a generic Dell membrane keyboard.

As someone who owns / has access to over 5 of Logitech's G710+ keyboards, YES YES YES. And even if you don't want it, I'll pay you to buy it and ship it to me at that price, and I live in Canada where Canadian Rubles are worth almost nothing. If you have any questions about the keyboard, please ask away and we'll answer all that we can, but please go buy it, assuming it's in working condition. (Bring laptop to test all the keys maybe.)

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Alrighty, I ended up buying it and will pick it up later. Thanks guys!