uBlock Origin Whitelisting Questions

Go to solution Solved by GauntletV2,

So if you click the Ublock origen icon on the top of the browser, it offers a few different options, they should be "element zapper" and "element picker".  You can use these to pick and choose what is and isnt shown on a webpage, and then iirc it should remember those choices between opening and closing 

I've never used the Whitelisting feature on my uBlock Oirgin extension for Firefox before but now I really need to learn how. I know that initially it seems pretty simple, just add a URL to the list & all ads that appear on that site should now come through. That's not what I want to do though, I need to allow the in-video ads on Motor Trend On Demand's website so the videos will play. However I'd like to still block any side, top or bottom banner ads that might be present. So do any of you have the same extension & browser as me that know how to do this? Can it even be done or might the entire website block all playback until every single ad is displayed?

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

So if you click the Ublock origen icon on the top of the browser, it offers a few different options, they should be "element zapper" and "element picker".  You can use these to pick and choose what is and isnt shown on a webpage, and then iirc it should remember those choices between opening and closing 

29 minutes ago, GauntletV2 said:

21 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Unblock the site and then use the element picker to block banner ads. That should leave the videos alone.

Thank you both so much!

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3