Front pannel audio connector

GrayTech

I'm currently working on a build in an older case but the front pannel audio isn't just one connector. I have 2 GND pins, 1 Mic In, 1 Mic Bias, 1 Speaker L which is connected to a second Speaker L and 1 Speaker right which is connected to a second speaker right. But I don't know how to connect these pins to my motherboard connector. The board supports HD-Audio and AC 97 connectors (have to configure it via bios). Can anybode help me?

-+-+- This is a reminder to clean the dust filters of your PC! -+-+-

Main PC:

Ryzen 5 1600 3.8GHz - RX 570 4GB - 2x8GB DDR4 - ASUS Prime X370-Pro - Shadow Rock 2 - Define S - Seasonic Prime Gold 650W

500GB NVME SSD - 1TB SATA SSD - 1TB HDD - Windows 10 Pro

Dorm PC:

i5 4590 - GTX 960 4GB - 2x4GB DDR3 - ASUS H81M2 - Dark Rock 3 - Define R3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Seasonic S12 430W - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

NAS:

Pentium G4400 - 4GB DDR4 - Fujitsu Esprimo P556 - 250GB SATA SSD - 2 x 4TB NAS HDD - 12V PSU - OpenMediaVault

Laptop:

Dell Latitude E6520 - i5 2430M - 2x4GB DDR3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

1 hour ago, GrayTech said:

I'm currently working on a build in an older case but the front pannel audio isn't just one connector. I have 2 GND pins, 1 Mic In, 1 Mic Bias, 1 Speaker L which is connected to a second Speaker L and 1 Speaker right which is connected to a second speaker right. But I don't know how to connect these pins to my motherboard connector. The board supports HD-Audio and AC 97 connectors (have to configure it via bios). Can anybode help me?

I would try to look for an adapter if that exists,

but honestly.. you don't really need front panel audio.

It's actually really terrible quality.

Rear audio is way better so if worse comes to worse, just use that and don't worry about it ;)

3 hours ago, stateofpsychosis said:

I would try to look for an adapter if that exists,

but honestly.. you don't really need front panel audio.

It's actually really terrible quality.

Rear audio is way better so if worse comes to worse, just use that and don't worry about it ;)

An adapter wouldn't help since I don't have 1 connector. I have 8 individual connectors which have to go into the motherboard.

I probably won't use the front pannel audio but the build feels unfinished without it plugged it.

Main PC:

Ryzen 5 1600 3.8GHz - RX 570 4GB - 2x8GB DDR4 - ASUS Prime X370-Pro - Shadow Rock 2 - Define S - Seasonic Prime Gold 650W

Dorm PC:

i5 4590 - GTX 960 4GB - 2x4GB DDR3 - ASUS H81M2 - Dark Rock 3 - Define R3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Seasonic S12 430W - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

NAS:

Pentium G4400 - 4GB DDR4 - Fujitsu Esprimo P556 - 250GB SATA SSD - 2 x 4TB NAS HDD - 12V PSU - OpenMediaVault

Laptop:

Dell Latitude E6520 - i5 2430M - 2x4GB DDR3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

12 minutes ago, GrayTech said:

An adapter wouldn't help since I don't have 1 connector. I have 8 individual connectors which have to go into the motherboard.

I probably won't use the front pannel audio but the build feels unfinished without it plugged it.

Yea, I feel you. 

I hate not completing stuff too..

There may be an adapter that takes all of that and converts them to HD audio though just getting you to plug each connector into a bigger connector that converts to HD audio. I'm not sure about that, but it'd be worth looking. 

You'd have more luck if you knew the exact name of the cable type for each one so you could google it easier. There's got to be a name for that standard.  If the case has a manual, they're probably listed there.

5 minutes ago, stateofpsychosis said:

Yea, I feel you. 

I hate not completing stuff too..

There may be an adapter that takes all of that and converts them to HD audio though just getting you to plug each connector into a bigger connector that converts to HD audio. I'm not sure about that, but it'd be worth looking. 

You'd have more luck if you knew the exact name of the cable type for each one so you could google it easier. There's got to be a name for that standard.

I already tried google but I had no luck since the lables of the pins are different. But I just found the answer on another forum where a user had the same problem. Thanks for your help!

Main PC:

Dorm PC:

NAS:

Laptop:

Just now, GrayTech said:

I already tried google but I had no luck since the lables of the pins are different. But I just found the answer on another forum where a user had the same problem. Thanks for your help!

Awesome, post the answer here just in case anyone else has this problem and mark that comment as solved when you're done ;)