Should I buy a compute stick

Alright pretty short and sweet I just need something to tide me over until I save up enough to buy my actual PC. I'm using a 200 thinkpad rn and it might be the worst experience. Takes minutes to open chrome. All I do right now is watch twitch and write essays so that's all I need something new to be able to do. Budget is kinda however much I need to spend to get what I'm looking for till July. Thanks in advances.

If you have a keyboard mouse and monitor sure, don't pay full price though, look for some second hand deals. And don't buy the first gen, it's pretty bad.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

55 minutes ago, Matu20 said:

Chromebook? Or a second hand laptop.

I guessed I should have mentioned I already have a k95 Platnium a g900 and a monitor

52 minutes ago, Theguywhobea said:

If you have a keyboard mouse and monitor sure, don't pay full price though, look for some second hand deals. And don't buy the first gen, it's pretty bad.

Should I stick with intels compute stick or whatever I can find with the best specs

1 minute ago, Brace said:

Should I stick with intels compute stick or whatever I can find with the best specs

There is nothing special with the compute stick. If you can find something with better specs for the same or less money buy that instead. If all your doing is web browsing and writing documents a chrome book or a chromestick will probably be a better experience than low end hardware with windows.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂