New Laptop for programming  

im looking for new laptop for work/school the main use will be programming  and web.

i have a budget of 600 - 800 USD all i need is a good cpu and fast storage ( maybe m.2 ssd only sysyem) and 16gb of ram 

thanks for your help

the new acer, I forget the model is good its got an i5 an mx150 and some other stuff not sure on ram but thats a good laptop for 600 ish

1 minute ago, PuppyCuDDler said:

im looking for new laptop for work/school the main use will be programming  and web.

i have a budget of 600 - 800 USD all i need is a good cpu and fast storage ( maybe m.2 ssd only sysyem) and 16gb of ram 

thanks for your help

Which language(s) and IDE(s)?

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

Just now, techstorm970 said:

Which language(s) and IDE(s)?

mainly c# some angular and web and i use visual studio 2017 and visual code

7 minutes ago, Jaxzzzzz said:

the new acer, I forget the model is good its got an i5 an mx150 and some other stuff not sure on ram but thats a good laptop for 600 ish

were i live acer is not popular so i will have to import it and there is like 36% tax on laptops 

9 minutes ago, Jaxzzzzz said:

Justification?

5 minutes ago, Matu20 said:

8250u or 8550u with an MX150 (with an SSD).

Justification?

7 minutes ago, PuppyCuDDler said:

Unless you're trying to do GPU programming, in which case you would need a GPU (duh), almost any computer will be fine. People program on Raspberry Pis, that's the whole point of Pis. If you can run a text editor, you can program on it. Don't buy a computer for programming. Buy a computer for everything you else you plan on doing with it, and then program on it, it's that simple.

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

Just now, LtStaffel said:

Justification?

For what? Good CPU with a decent GPU, best bang for buck you can get for that price.

4 minutes ago, PuppyCuDDler said:

I personally not a fan of Dell, but I know a lot of people love them.  So, I'm gonna recommend an Inspiron 15 5570.  i5-8250u, 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM (upgradeable)

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/inspiron-15-5000/spd/inspiron-15-5570-laptop

You really don't need a discrete GPU for your uses, so I wouldn't worry about that. :) 

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

1 minute ago, Matu20 said:

For what? Good CPU with a decent GPU, best bang for buck you can get for that price.

Why are you trying to fill up his budget for a programming computer?

Just now, techstorm970 said:

I personally not a fan of Dell, but I know a lot of people love them.  So, I'm gonna recommend an Inspiron 15 5570.  i5-8250u, 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM (upgradeable)

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/inspiron-15-5000/spd/inspiron-15-5570-laptop

You really don't need a discrete GPU for your uses, so I wouldn't worry about that. :) 

This would be a better option, because it is much less than the given budget, and, according to the poster, is upgradeable.

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

@PuppyCuDDler Asking what computer to get for programming is like asking what paper to print instructions on for a DIY cabinet. Nobody cares about the instructions as long as they don't fall apart, they care about the job the object is meant to do and if it's strong enough to do that. They care about what the cabinet is made of and what it's meant to do. They do not care about the instruction sheet paper.

Therefore, tell us what else you want/need to do with the computer, and that will be much more useful in determining what you need.

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, LtStaffel said:

Why are you trying to fill up his budget for a programming computer?

Why not? Thats what budgets are there for.

Would a touch screen be useful to test your apps on?

3 hours ago, Matu20 said:

Why not? Thats what budgets are there for.

Because the money would be better spent for things he knows he needs rather than just to fill up what he thinks he needs. If someone says they have $5,000 and want to check their email, would you really build them a $5,000 computer? Same principle applies here. Someone might give you a budget that is more than what they actually need, because they don't know, and they're trusting you to tell them what's best. It's wasting their money to fill up their budget without telling them why, and having good reason to. If you're a student, you'll appreciate it if someone says "You don't need to spend that much, save that money for textbooks/etc and get this instead, it'll be fine for what you're doing". Other people besides students want to save money too

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Jaxzzzzz said:

the new acer

Acer Aspire 5. However I would suggest UX330UA or new Thinkpads (E, L series or maybe X, T series) for that budget, RAM can be upgraded if not enough.

OP, would it be better if you can provide some links of online stores in your country?

To some ppl: Don't suggest specs when someone needs laptop suggestions, that's not helping at all and very BS

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

On 3/19/2018 at 9:48 PM, LtStaffel said:

Because the money would be better spent for things he knows he needs rather than just to fill up what he thinks he needs. If someone says they have $5,000 and want to check their email, would you really build them a $5,000 computer? Same principle applies here. Someone might give you a budget that is more than what they actually need, because they don't know, and they're trusting you to tell them what's best. It's wasting their money to fill up their budget without telling them why, and having good reason to. If you're a student, you'll appreciate it if someone says "You don't need to spend that much, save that money for textbooks/etc and get this instead, it'll be fine for what you're doing". Other people besides students want to save money too

So you would rather pay $500 for a system that barely gets the job done or rather $600 to breeze through and have more than extra to start doing more tasks if necessary?