Corsair K95 platinum best option?

Ashleyyyy

i'm looking to get a mechanical keyboard, but i know nothing about them....

i've read really good reviews about the K95, but is it the best? 

She/Her

No such thing as best keyboard. In terms of quality, yes it is up there but it depends if that is what you need?

For example I have no use for the extra macro keys so I stayed with the K70 variant instead, then you have to choose the switches you desire (MX Red, Blue, Brown, SPeed ect...)

You won't be disappointed with Corsair keyboards though.

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

@iiNNeX i currently have a K55, which is just a regular keyboard.. the macro's are useful, so i'd like to have those. 

what is the difference between the switches?

She/Her

Depends a lot on what you're after, myself I like the standard old format with no macro keys or extra functionality keys, just clean as possible while being the full standard size.

So for me the best alternative was the Corsair K70 LUX RGB, now which switches that is a whole new story I went with the Mx Brown because they have satisfying clicky sound, being tactile without exaggerated noise.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

There are no such as best switches, it all comes down to personal preferences.

I have the K95 Plat with Browns, It's awesome. I had cherry red switches before, after I tried the browns I switched.

Back-end developer, electronics "hacker"

8 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

@iiNNeX i currently have a K55, which is just a regular keyboard.. the macro's are useful, so i'd like to have those. 

what is the difference between the switches?

They feel different basically. MX Reds are the most popular (not the loudest but you will hear them), however they do not have a satisfying click that many desire. Browns and Blues do as far as I remember. It is worth googling this and finding a youtube video which showcases each switch and how they sound/feel.

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

• 3 years later...

aaaand the RGB LED for my P switch for this KB just dimmed a month after the 2 yr. ma manufacturer's warranty expired. FML

P switch led issue - keycap removed.jpg