Notification of Merging or Deleting of thread

Dujith

I would like to have a notification or at least a consistent way of merging threads. i.e: Always post a message in the thread by the mod that the thread has been merged.

I realize there are quite some threads around that should be merged (if someone makes 2 about the same problem but worded differently. or the make a 2nd one when the first one get no reply within a few minutes :S )

Same goes for deletion of threads. Just a simple " thread: xxxx you posted in was removed" would keep my sanity in check :D same message type would work for merge.

nice, but i guess only moderators and admins would have that feature

Rig:

CPU: i7-8700K  Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: ASUS TUF Z370-PLUS RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 16GB  GPU: Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Case: NZXT S340 Mid Tower SSD: Plextor M8Pe 512GB PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2 HDD: WD 6 TB Case: NZXT S340 Mid Tower PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2 750W Display: BenQ EX3501R Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Mouse: Razer Ouroboros Headset: Corsair Void Pro RGB Wireless

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote or tag me( @The Tan Stallion) 

artificiosam hyperboreis

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

And most importantly :

Si non suus dexteram sinistram Aliquam.

If something's not going right, please try left. 

5 minutes ago, Tech Zombie said:

nice, but i guess only moderators and admins would have that feature

:D I just want a notification, not the ability to merge or delete ;) 

lets hope this reaches to right ears

Rig:

CPU: i7-8700K  Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: ASUS TUF Z370-PLUS RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 16GB  GPU: Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Case: NZXT S340 Mid Tower SSD: Plextor M8Pe 512GB PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2 HDD: WD 6 TB Case: NZXT S340 Mid Tower PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2 750W Display: BenQ EX3501R Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Mouse: Razer Ouroboros Headset: Corsair Void Pro RGB Wireless

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote or tag me( @The Tan Stallion) 

artificiosam hyperboreis

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

And most importantly :

Si non suus dexteram sinistram Aliquam.

If something's not going right, please try left. 

In general we do try to leave a message in the thread if it's moved or merged, as well as when they are removed (but that would come in the form of a PM or warning) but when things are busy sometimes this can be missed

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Tech Zombie said:

lets hope this reaches to right ears

Well.... Its in the Forum Suggestion part so that should be OK :P 

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

In general we do try to leave a message in the thread if it's moved or merged, as well as when they are removed (but that would come in the form of a PM or warning) but when things are busy sometimes this can be missed

I realize that, but i know from older forums types it should be possible to automate it or at least just be a checkbox in the mod panel.

So you would not have to post yourself in such a case.