Help With USB Game File Transfer

boysenbeary

Alright, so my friend has a 150 GB data cap on their home netowrking plan, but she wants to download Mass Effect Andromeda.

Allegedly, she contacted support, and they told her to purchase a digital license (as you would any digital copy) and have another person (me) download the game from the Origin launcher onto a USB, then give that USB to her to transfer the files to her PC.

Now I've done similar game transfers before with games such as World of Tanks, World of Warships, Crysis (etc other games).

But

I have had trouble with some games such as Warframe or Battlefield which create PC specific files in Appdata or Documents or in hidden nested folders.

To any one who can help me (I would be grateful), I would like to know if Mass Effect Andromeda is a game that I can take the files and transfer PC to PC via USB or if it will not work. 

(Accounts are not the issue. We wont download from one account and try to run from the other. If I get confirmation here, she can buy the game on her Origin account, let me download it from that account on my PC, then log in to the game on her account on her PC)

Thank You!

Just copy the game folder.Such as C:/Program Files/Origin Games

My life

So, copying the whole Origin folder with just the main game directories will work?

There aren't any other files I should be concerned about?

8 hours ago, boysenbeary said:

So, copying the whole Origin folder with just the main game directories will work?

There aren't any other files I should be concerned about?

Origin will download files that are missing. Those will be smaller ones, so there won't be issues. The big ones, like patches are located in main folder. Most of the rest are profile and savefiles.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv