What is this connector?

MrWalex
Go to solution Solved by Unimportant,
15 hours ago, JohnT said:

It's proprietary because.... Sony

Sometimes they actually have a good reason for it. It could be a class D amplifier with the LPF specifically tuned for the accompanying speaker, a proprietary connector would prevent Joe Average connecting another type of speaker, screwing up the sound quality and blaming Sony. 

*could*

Is it proprietary or if not what is it called, thanks :)

its to connect two Sony speakers

file.jpeg

It looks to be proprietary, I've never encountered if before. My older Logitech speakers use a DB9 connector for the two speakers, so I could see the same thing being done here as well.

I spend most of my time on Autodesk and Caffe. CAD is great, as long as you know what you're doing.

Watson: Ryzen 7 1800X, 32GB 3000Mhz Dominator Platinum, X370 MSI Pro Carbon, 2x FirePro W9100s, 2x 256GB Samsung 850EVO SSDs, 2x 6TB WD Raid 1 HDDs, Ghetto Custom Cooling and Case, Logitech G910 and G502, 3DConnection SpacePilot Pro, 6x 27" Viewsonic FHD Monitors, 2x 24" Acer FHD Monitors, Windows 10 Pro/Ubuntu 16.04 Dual.

Yes, you can game on FirePro Cards, it's just overkill if you never use it's full abilities. 

Sherlock: 128 Core Render Server (32 Nodes, Matched Core 2 Quads, 8GB DDR2) running HPC Service Pack 1 on Windows Server 2016. Just because, you know, who doesn't want to render in real time? (Plus I don't pay the power bill)

15 hours ago, JohnT said:

It's proprietary because.... Sony

Sometimes they actually have a good reason for it. It could be a class D amplifier with the LPF specifically tuned for the accompanying speaker, a proprietary connector would prevent Joe Average connecting another type of speaker, screwing up the sound quality and blaming Sony. 

*could*