NDI in OBS NOT 60 fps

So I have tried using the NDI plugin for OBS, since I got two computers and am mainly playing csgo, so I need all the cpu power for the gaming pc possible.

The problem is that the NDI-stream to the streaming PC is very laggy. It constantly goes from smooth 60 fps to 30 and back again. I have searched high and low for an explanation but so far I have only found posts from people having the same problem and no solution.

Here is what I have tried so far:

Every resolution possible on both the gaming and streaming pc. The lag is just as bad if I'm running 480p as when running 1080p.

The LAN is not the bottleneck, both are on a gigabit connection and I have even tested the speed between the two computers to >750mbit. When NDI is on, both computers are using about 100-200 mbit as expected. I have tried both through a router and a cross-cable.

None of the computers are the bottleneck either. CPU, ram, network, and GPU utilization are very low.

I have even tried doing a RTMP/NGINX stream with the same result.

The playback on the OBS running the NDI-signal is smooth, while the OBS recieving the signal is lagging. I have tried both wasys (gaming to streaming pc and streaming pc to gaming pc)

Please help me, I have tried everything and the damn studdering just won't go away.

Specs:

Gaming PC

i7 7700K @ 5hz 

16gb ram 2600mhz

GTX980

StreamingPC

i7 2600

12 gb ram

GTX1050

i7 7700K @ 4.8 Ghz (Kraken x52 aio cooler)

EVGA GTX 980 SC

Gigabyte GA-Z270XP-SLI Motherboard

EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Power Suply

Phanteks Eclipse P400

Acer 144 hz monitor

have you checked how much disk usage is there on the PC that is receiving the stream? Maybe it is capping out the speed of the disk.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

1 minute ago, Husky said:

have you checked how much disk usage is there on the PC that is receiving the stream? Maybe it is capping out the speed of the disk.

Disks are not being used when streaming NDI on local network

EVGA GTX 980 SC

Phanteks Eclipse P400

Acer 144 hz monitor

2 minutes ago, Jesmo said:

Disks are not being used when streaming NDI on local network

Oops sorry, thought you were sending a stream to another PC to be encoded and saved to disk.

Have you tried using Jumbo Frames between the 2 PCs? I am not that much of an expert in networking though. Maybe make sure that you are using 64 OBS on both. Also try with hardware acceleration on and off on each.

Workstation:

Mobile Workstation:

1 minute ago, Husky said:

Oops sorry, thought you were sending a stream to another PC to be encoded and saved to disk.

Have you tried using Jumbo Frames between the 2 PCs? I am not that much of an expert in networking though. Maybe make sure that you are using 64 OBS on both. Also try with hardware acceleration on and off on each.

I don't know what Jumbo Frames are, but I have litteraly tried every setting (including hadware acceleration) in OBS both on the 32 and 64 variant.

EVGA GTX 980 SC

Phanteks Eclipse P400

Acer 144 hz monitor

It is a network setting that you can find in your router configuration page and Windows settings. Normally Jumbo Frames can be enabled by going to device manager and going to the properties of your network adapter. You need to enable Jumbo Frames for both PCs and the router. Jumbo Frames are much larger frames than standard frames sent over the network. It may allow for more raw throughput and is faster when transferring large amounts of data (like video streaming) but it might add a tiny bit of latency.

Workstation:

Mobile Workstation:

sooo I found out that it's also laggy on just a single computer. So I can't even stream 60 fps like I used to, no NDI involved. Both OBS preview and stream is choppy... So I did a complete re-install of EVERYTHING! Windows, OBS, drivers.... Still choppy... But not until two weeks ago, I could stream just fine from my main computer. So now there is choppyness no matter what I do.

What the HELL are OBS doing??

EVGA GTX 980 SC

Phanteks Eclipse P400

Acer 144 hz monitor