refurbished cad build, what to look for

Hello

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/G8PNNQ

I need some advice on what parts to look for for my girlfriend for her first pc.
The "purchased" parts are the ones I have lying around as spare parts from other builds, but I don't know how to complete the build. Also I wanted to ask if a Win7 Pro is still fine today for a CAD only machine.
No gaming whatsoever, but her teacher told her she needs a pc to work at home so we try to get her a cheap system.
The leftover budget is ~200€ so we will use refurbished parts again.
We still need an OS (if Win7 Pro isn't worth anymore, there I have mutiple codes lying around)
A Case
A CPU
Go for SSD? (around 40€ for 120gb)

I know a loot, but I somehow skipped haswell completly working a lot with ivy/sandy bridge and then form skylake onwards, so I don't know what cpu works best for her.

Thanks

GPU, if you can find the RX 480/580 on sale around that price (200euro) get it (i think it is impossible...)

if not a P1000 maybe

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

3 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

GPU, if you can find the RX 480/580 on sale around that price (200euro) get it (i think it is impossible...)

if not a P1000 maybe

Is the 770 not enough for a start?

The parts still left to fill first are a cpu, a case and maybe a ssd, without the any rx40 would be useless

I would highly suggest buying the CPU second hand.

1 hour ago, finnbo11 said:

I would highly suggest buying the CPU second hand.

Yea. Even said that in starting post. The question is which cpu I should look for

53 minutes ago, Gnomo said:

Yea. Even said that in starting post. The question is which cpu I should look for

Oh sorry, I didn't read it properly. If you can get the i7-4790K. Get that over the Xeon. They are identical chips except the Xeon can use ECC memory which would be basically useless in a CAD build and the i7-4790K is unlocked and probably better binned. So get the i7-4790K over the Xeon. An SSD is a nice to have but will only very marginally affect performance in a CAD build. Yet if the OS is on the SSD it is really a nice to have for quick boot times and a more snappy general system.

the 770 is definitely good enough for basic cad. focus your budget on the cpu and get whatever case you can score locally (maybe even for free). win 7 should be ok if everything runs on it for now. Double check what programs she uses. I'd go for an ssd if you have money left afterwards

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

21 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

the 770 is definitely good enough for basic cad. focus your budget on the cpu and get whatever case you can score locally (maybe even for free). win 7 should be ok if everything runs on it for now. Double check what programs she uses. I'd go for an ssd if you have money left afterwards

I found a Sharkoon M25-W for 50€. I think it sounds like a good deal.

She only uses CAD, gimp and IE and only wants to do the homework with the pc.

The 4790k won't sell here under 250-300€.

1 hour ago, Gnomo said:

I found a Sharkoon M25-W for 50€. I think it sounds like a good deal.

She only uses CAD, gimp and IE and only wants to do the homework with the pc.

The 4790k won't sell here under 250-300€.

get a non k i5 should be good enough. I'd look for a free case honestly. maybe check a local scrapyard. you will definitely find something there. probably not as nice looking though 

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

On 17/3/2018 at 7:52 PM, Gnomo said:

Is the 770 not enough for a start?

The parts still left to fill first are a cpu, a case and maybe a ssd, without the any rx40 would be useless

this is your guide to that thing

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol