Music Headphones Around $100

zaxmazr

Topic says all.

I've looked at reviews of the Sennheiser HD 439, but I heard they feel really cheap and burn in takes awhile (which, I mean, isn't that big of a deal).

But yea, these are going to be my girlfriend's first over ear-headphones and would be strickly used for music. No gaming.

Any suggestions? She does NOT listen to bass heavy music. Only sometimes. Just really want some crispy sound :P

Thanks for all your help peoples! :)

Been around since the beginning of LTT & the forums, but mostly just lurk!

The ath m50's are nice and later on down the road you can get a dac from mayflower and your audio setup will be complete.

+1 on the M50's great headphones and only a little bit of a burn in needed.

They also can be easily driven with onboard sound and when you want to upgrade

the FiiO E10 is great for the price point to drive the cans.

CPU:i5-3570k OC'd to 4.0 MOBO: MSI Z77A-G41 GPU: Asus 660Ti 2Gb OC Case: NZXT Source 210 Black and Windowed RAM: Kingston HyperX Black Series 8GB Storage: WD 1TB Caviar Black, 3TB WD Green, 120GB Kingston HyperX CPU Cooler: CM TX3 PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W OS: Win 7 Perf: Corsair M65, Acer S220HQLAbd 21.5" Main with 17" Secondary, a Corsair K70, and ATH-M50's.

I was actually also looking at the M50's. These are starting ot look like the ones!

Been around since the beginning of LTT & the forums, but mostly just lurk!

I was actually also looking at the M50's. These are starting ot look like the ones!

I'd go for them, they were my first set of cans coming from basic crappy earbuds.

Other then the set taking just a bit of time to get very comfy (IE a couple of weeks) for me

i'm able to wear them for several hours without discomfort, along with the fact 

that i wear one can only partway on my head (DJ in me) and still be comfy. 

CPU:i5-3570k OC'd to 4.0 MOBO: MSI Z77A-G41 GPU: Asus 660Ti 2Gb OC Case: NZXT Source 210 Black and Windowed RAM: Kingston HyperX Black Series 8GB Storage: WD 1TB Caviar Black, 3TB WD Green, 120GB Kingston HyperX CPU Cooler: CM TX3 PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W OS: Win 7 Perf: Corsair M65, Acer S220HQLAbd 21.5" Main with 17" Secondary, a Corsair K70, and ATH-M50's.

yao_ming_heck_no_by_rober_raik-d4czlxk.p

Lol, they're not that bad, I've seen them compared favourably to the M50. I know people are put off by the beats-esque branding.

Headset

Lol, they're not that bad, I've seen them compared favourably to the M50. I know people are put off by the beats-esque branding.

Yes, but the brand is fanny wang.

Fanny. Wang.

"if by "bass" you mean wet farts then yes, those are the razer crapkens"

Yes, but the brand is fanny wang.

Fanny. Wang.

Yeah i've never gone much on the name, maybe it's supposed to be ironic as a competitor to the hard man image of Beats.

Headset

The CHC Silverado are on sale right now and are FREAKING FANTASTIC. I just got my pair and am blown away.

they have good soundstage right? never tried them 

they have good soundstage right? never tried them 

They have acoustic chambers which adds some reverb. Not quite the same as an open headphone, more like being in a concert hall than an open field.

They have acoustic chambers which adds some reverb. Not quite the same as an open headphone, more like being in a concert hall than an open field.

k thanks whats what i heard, they sound"councerty"