Help me bypass this firewall

I'm a high school student who likes to play around with technology. I mostly mess with hardware, which is why I'm a member of this forum. Recently I've embarked on a quest to bypass my school firewall so that I can access Riot's servers from school and play League of Legends at lunch. Unfortunately, it seems that the simple VPN trick doesn't work. I believe that the VPN blocking method they use isn't as simple as IP blocking, because most of the free trials I've tried didn't connect on school WiFi. There is one major problem, I have no money. I know, I should just get money, but my internship at google is unpaid right now... So I've tried a lot of different easy to use VPN services, and the only one that seems to work at all s hotspot shield. The problem is that I need a lot of data for league, and t quickly runs out on the free trial. Going through all the different VPNs took me a long time, so I tried to make my own home VPN through logmein hamachi. I set up the home side on my PC at home, and I installed hamachi on my laptop that I wish to use at school. When i tried to open hamachi, it just doesn't connect. The school seems to have blocked hamachi as well. So now I'm trying to use a free openVPN server through one of the unblocked TCP ports (I think it's port 440), but I'm not sure if that will work, what VPN service to use, if that's the right port, or how the hell to configure the openvpn to do that. Any advice or ideas on how to get through this damn firewall?

Locked.

This type of discussion isn't allowed here ;

Talking about piracy in general, broad details, is acceptable however the posting or discussing pirated/hacked/cracked or otherwise nefariously obtained content is not. This includes Windows content, games, hackintosh, etc. Also discussions regarding ways to avoid or block legitimately installed monitoring/tracking software or the like is also not allowed.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !