Games refusing to use resources, has anyone heard of this before?

IHirs

About once every hour, when i try to game my fps, drops to like 1/10 of what it was before and i get alot of stuttering. If i have task manager open during this, i can see this is caused by a sudden drop from about 30% cpu and 70% gpu usage for the game to 4% cpu usage and 15% gpu usage. No other application takes up the new excess resources. Another very weird thing about this, is if i click on another application to make the game be a backaround application the resources and fps immediately spike back up to their proper amounts.

This happens on any game i try to play, but mainly Black Desert Online, and Overwatch.

I can record this if it is needed.

What's your temps like? Could be thermal throttling perhaps and the PC is cutting back in order to lower temps. But there could be an underlying issue as well and I could be wrong.

Osmium: NFC Skyreach 4 // i7-8700k (delidd) // GTX 1080 // 32GB DDR4-3200Mhz // 1TB 960 Evo M.2 // 1.1TB MX300 m.2
Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow // Razer Orbweaver // Razer Kraken // Logitech G502 // Logitech K830 // LG 34UC88-B

Usage: Adobe Lightroom // Adobe Photoshop // Web Dev // Recording Gameplay // Video Editing // Portable Gaming

5 minutes ago, Revamp said:

What's your temps like? Could be thermal throttling perhaps and the PC is cutting back in order to lower temps. But there could be an underlying issue as well and I could be wrong.

It doesnt appear to be thermal throttling, the cpu sits at about 60 and the gpu sits at 70

Just now, IHirs said:

It doesnt appear to be thermal throttling, the cpu sits at about 60 and the gpu sits at 70

Have you recently updated all the drivers?

Osmium: NFC Skyreach 4 // i7-8700k (delidd) // GTX 1080 // 32GB DDR4-3200Mhz // 1TB 960 Evo M.2 // 1.1TB MX300 m.2
Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow // Razer Orbweaver // Razer Kraken // Logitech G502 // Logitech K830 // LG 34UC88-B

Usage: Adobe Lightroom // Adobe Photoshop // Web Dev // Recording Gameplay // Video Editing // Portable Gaming

1 minute ago, Revamp said:

Have you recently updated all the drivers?

yep