Fixing scratches without replacing screen

Hi, 

I finally received my refurbished iPhone 7 in the mail. And right out of the box I notice how scratched up the screen is! Some of these scratches are fairly deep too. 

I always use a screen protector (because I am hard on my stuff xD) so I find this infuriating. 

Typically, most phone repair shops in Canada will happily replace cracked screens for around $80, maybe less (iPhone screens are more common so they may cost less). 

Is there a cheaper alternative to fix scratches? Some kind of polish? 

I doubt there is a way to really repair the scratches if it's in the glass. However you can buy DIY repair kits for pretty cheap. From experience Iphone glass is pretty easy to replace. Only phones I really recommend having a shop do is anything with a curved screen, or a select few phones like Google Pixels since they have a small aluminum bezel that has to be replaced as well and kits don't generally include these.

Osmium: NFC Skyreach 4 // i7-8700k (delidd) // GTX 1080 // 32GB DDR4-3200Mhz // 1TB 960 Evo M.2 // 1.1TB MX300 m.2
Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow // Razer Orbweaver // Razer Kraken // Logitech G502 // Logitech K830 // LG 34UC88-B

Usage: Adobe Lightroom // Adobe Photoshop // Web Dev // Recording Gameplay // Video Editing // Portable Gaming

Polish essentially works by removing layers of material to make it flush again. It doesn't work too well if the scratch is in the glass rather than a protective layer, you'd likely end up with loads of micro scratches. 

There's not really any way to fix them, you'd need to replace the glass. 

Ok! Replacing the glass won't be a huge expense anyway. 

And the phone is still very usable. I guess I'll just ignore the scratches for a while.