PC Freezes and Restarts when Gaming! Please Help! Already changed PSU!

This is my last option. Im running into an issue. :(

Firstof all my pc specs!

My PC

MB: GA-78LMT-S2 Rev1.2

CPU: FX-6300 with TX3 EVO

GPU: R9 270x 2GB 

RAM: G.Skills Ripjaws X 8GB x2

PSU: Corsair CX650M (2018 Edition) 

All of these are fitted in a Corsair Spec-01 Cabinet

I built this 3 years ago except Cabinet and new PSU i bought recently

-PROBLEM- 

I'll try to be on the point.

My PC reboots whenever i play games. It works fine when idle, browsing web, playing videos, watching movies, listening songs, etc but not gaming!

Whenever I play games for about 10 minutes or so my game freezes so do my sound (making buzzing sound) and sometimes greenish lines covers the screen, sometimes just the game freezes and then finally rebooting!

Games I have been playing: AC Rougue, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Dying Light, Age of Empires Definitive Edition, etc

:(

My temps are as follows -

CPU       GPU

On Idle          20°C      38°C

100% load    40°C      70°C

I have tried -

1.) I had Corsair VS550 before but i changed it because someone suggested me that my PSU is faulty (as it was 3 years old) also because i was facing exact same reboot problem on that PSU.

After changing the PSU my problem disappered but now it started again!

2.) Updated BIOS.

3.) Reinstalled graphics drivers.

IDk, to what the issue might be related :(

May be the windows? Whenever windows get updates and shits start to happen right after!

Please anyone help me with this thing :(

Thanks 

that sounds like corrupted VRAM. Could also be a failing CPU Clock.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

How old is this pc and its parts.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Just now, Rasbir Singh said:

43 minutes ago, Ankit Saiyan said:

I built this 3 years ago

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

20 hours ago, Rasbir Singh said:

GPU is of March 2014

CPU I bought somewhere between 2015

Motherboard is also too old, may be even older than 2014,,IDK because i was running athlon processor before on same motherboard!

RAMs are from 2016! and PSU is latest 2018!

:( what should i do now?

I'm going on the assumption its something to do with the hardware -- and not software related at the point.  Try the following.

Take all your components out and put the PC together outside the case.  Play your games and see what happens.  If we continue to get reboots then -- try a fresh install of Windows.  If you continue to get reboots, then its 100% hardware.  

First try a simple CMOS reset, and get your BIOS and settings back to default. 

After the CMOS/BIOS I'd go with a re-seat of the RAM and CPU (you could do this after you take your PC out of the case if you wish -- before going with a fresh Windows install)

If your still getting reboots -- try one RAM stick at a time and see if your still getting the reboots mid-game.  

Good luck -- Newf

9 minutes ago, newfieboy1983 said:

I'm going on the assumption its something to do with the hardware -- and not software related at the point.  Try the following.

Take all your components out and put the PC together outside the case.  Play your games and see what happens.  If we continue to get reboots then -- try a fresh install of Windows.  If you continue to get reboots, then its 100% hardware.  

First try a simple CMOS reset, and get your BIOS and settings back to default. 

After the CMOS/BIOS I'd go with a re-seat of the RAM and CPU (you could do this after you take your PC out of the case if you wish -- before going with a fresh Windows install)

If your still getting reboots -- try one RAM stick at a time and see if your still getting the reboots mid-game.  

Good luck -- Newf

First of all thanks for the reply :)

Idk if i can take out my pc because it took me hours to manage those cables (See Pic)

It could be window related because windows got updated too some days back.

I have also factory defaulted by BIOS settings, Reflashed Bios & even VBIOS! :/

And from the RAM, i remembered a month back i was facing RAM issue, windows was showing half of the RAM usuable but that was solved after Reinstalling windows! :/

So, now what, should i try clean install of windows?

IMG_20180306_071347.jpg

A fresh Windows is a decent start -- as for the cabling -- it depends on how desperate you are to get stuff working.  Some troubleshooting can take hours or days just to find a small issue(s) that may have been overlooked.  

If after your Windows Install if your still having the same issues -- I'd still take it all out and follow my steps above.  

Personally I think something is going on with your install inside the case.  Since the only net new items are the case and PSU -- I'm betting it could be something related to that.  Like a grounding issue near the standoffs -- CPU / RAM needs a re-seat.  I mean those Windows Updates could be problematic as well, but its very unusual for them to cause such a drastic crash only when the CPU/GPU/RAM is being pushed during your gaming.

19 hours ago, newfieboy1983 said:

A fresh Windows is a decent start -- as for the cabling -- it depends on how desperate you are to get stuff working.  Some troubleshooting can take hours or days just to find a small issue(s) that may have been overlooked.  

If after your Windows Install if your still having the same issues -- I'd still take it all out and follow my steps above.  

Personally I think something is going on with your install inside the case.  Since the only net new items are the case and PSU -- I'm betting it could be something related to that.  Like a grounding issue near the standoffs -- CPU / RAM needs a re-seat.  I mean those Windows Updates could be problematic as well, but its very unusual for them to cause such a drastic crash only when the CPU/GPU/RAM is being pushed during your gaming.

Okay, so let me start--

Last night, i reinstalled OS, got my drivers installed automatically, turned automatic update off! Installed Rise of the Tomb Raider & played it for an hour and no reboots at all! but then in the morning I played Age of empires definitive edition, Problem started again! :(
I could only play for half an hour then my pc restarted making that buzzing sound!
and currently it is working all fine!

i will try updating my video drivers because they are old (17.1 installed by windows automatically), lastest is 18.2!

So, I'm guessing it is not related to s/w!?

I will follow ur advice now, will take everything out of my cabinet and start testing!

Also, today I got my three years old VS550 PSU RMAed. I will check with this PSU too, may be my new PSU is faulty too!?

I'd really want my PSU to be faulty rather than my graphic card or RAM because I can't afford any new GPU at the moment and it is out warranty, so..! 

Thanks man, really appreciate your help! I'll let you know as soon as i test my PC again by following ur advice! :)

Your welcome Ankit -- best of luck to you in your quest to find the issue.  Also -- if you want -- check to see if Windows installed any updates overnight.  It could be possible that its one update that is causing your issue (doubtful, but worth a check).  If one update did get installed, remove it -- and try gaming again.  

Taking your entire system out of the case is not fun -- well its fun for me -- but its likely required to find that issue.  

Yeah your PSU could be the issue -- but seems doubtful as you played last night no issues.  

This is a hard issue to pin down -- especially over the interwebs.  

Newf

2 hours ago, newfieboy1983 said:

Your welcome Ankit -- best of luck to you in your quest to find the issue.  Also -- if you want -- check to see if Windows installed any updates overnight.  It could be possible that its one update that is causing your issue (doubtful, but worth a check).  If one update did get installed, remove it -- and try gaming again.  

Here is the culprit! windows was being updated in the background.

Update.jpg

9 minutes ago, Ankit Saiyan said:

Here is the culprit! windows was being updated in the background.

Update.jpg

So I'm guessing you'll remove those updates and try gaming again?  Let us know how that goes.  

10 minutes ago, newfieboy1983 said:

So I'm guessing you'll remove those updates and try gaming again?  Let us know how that goes.  

Yes, I've uninsntalled the updates :)

What if you take your GPU out and try ''gaming'' on your igpu? I know it won't be playable, but just run a tomb raider benchmark or smth and see if it still crashes. 

This way you can figure out if the problem is related to your GPU or not. I'm not sure it is but try it anyway.

CPU: AMD 3800X GPU: GTX 1080 Ti RAM: (16GB) 2x Corsair 8gb DDR4 3200Mhz Drives: SanDisk 240GB SSD, Samsung 500GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD

Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming pro plus PSU: Gigabyte 650 watt Monitor(s): 27 inch AOC 1440p

1 minute ago, dionkoffie said:

What if you take your GPU out and try ''gaming'' on your igpu? I know it won't be playable, but just run a tomb raider benchmark or smth and see if it still crashes. 

I don't think game will even open! It will crash, right? :/

1 minute ago, Ankit Saiyan said:

I don't think game will even open! It will crash, right? :/

it should open, but you won't be able to play it on high or medium depending on the power of your igpu. 

Your problem occurs when you're gaming right? Try it without the GPU installed and see what will happen. 

CPU: AMD 3800X GPU: GTX 1080 Ti RAM: (16GB) 2x Corsair 8gb DDR4 3200Mhz Drives: SanDisk 240GB SSD, Samsung 500GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD

Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming pro plus PSU: Gigabyte 650 watt Monitor(s): 27 inch AOC 1440p

Just now, dionkoffie said:

it should open, but you won't be able to play it on high or medium. 

Your problem occurs when you're gaming right? Try it without the GPU installed and see what will happen. 

Yes, and it makes sense too. I will try this and let you know, thanks! :)

Shit!!

I was playing songs on youtube and this happened for the first time! It is same as before but no buzzing sound instead my song was running in the background!

First this happened

Lines on the Screen but songs are running in background!

Then instead of rebooting this happened

It kept on happening until i restarted my PC

I think, I'm running into a serious problem now :(

IMG_20180316_212612.jpg

1 hour ago, newfieboy1983 said:

Did you take it out of the case yet?  

I've taken everything out of the case except the PSU. I tested the game with another PSU which i have RMAed. And PC is still restarting and i dont think the this PSU is faulty.

Did you watch the videos? I dont thibk it is a RAM problem either! IDK what's wrong here! Motherboard, graphic card?

I'm just stuck now :(

What do u suggest? I don't think taking that PSU out of the cabinet make sense now! :(

I also found that one of my gou fan is running slowler than other.

IMG_20180317_013119.jpg