Hey guys

I am look for a travel tripod

Here is my requirement

1.around 150$

2.light weight

3.Can handle more than 8KG

4,Dont need to be too tall, but around 150cm will be just fine

Hope you guys a good day/night

What camera are you using it for? I personally use this: http://www.mefoto.com/products/roadtrip-classic.aspx# the aluminum version. 

EDIT: Just read you asked for >8Kg, this one has a max on 8, sorry

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

1 minute ago, TheGeeker said:

What camera are you using it for? I personally use this: http://www.mefoto.com/products/roadtrip-classic.aspx# the aluminum version. 

EDIT: Just read you asked for >8Kg, this one has a max on 8, sorry

I am use the D810 pluse some heavy lens, also i am use it in a windy place so there gong to be some sand bag hang in the bottom, so I want it a bit more payload

1 minute ago, zehao39 said:

I am use the D810 pluse some heavy lens, also i am use it in a windy place so there gong to be some sand bag hang in the bottom, so I want it a bit more payload

Yeah, agreed there. Are you looking for a special type of head?

Already have one? Or dont care?

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Just now, TheGeeker said:

Yeah, agreed there. Are you looking for a special type of head?

Already have one? Or dont care?

really dont care, most of the time i am take still pic, so as long as it is sturdy i dont care, I am not really know about the head so if you can suggest a type that will be great

Just now, zehao39 said:

really dont care, most of the time i am take still pic, so as long as it is sturdy i dont care, I am not really know about the head so if you can suggest a type that will be great

Personally, I came from a mefoto style head and thats why I ended up buying the mefoto tripod. Just from browsing Bhphoto, not much for 150 USD, maybe 200?

Found this: 

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/885665-REG/Slik_615_316_Pro_700DX_Tripod_With.html

Within budget, but I havent used this one at all. Cant rep for it. 

Friend has this and I use the roadtrip, built kinda similar.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1088680-REG/mefoto_a2350q2b_aluminum_globetrotter_tripod_blue.html

Personally, I came from a mefoto style head and thats why I ended up buying the mefoto tripod. Just from browsing Bhphoto, not much for 150 USD, maybe 200?

Sure, i guess around 200 should be fine. I mean as kong as it is under 4lb i i wll be fine with it. How do you think about the K&F TC 2534

Sure, i guess around 200 should be fine. I mean as kong as it is under 4lb i i wll be fine with it. How do you think about the K&F TC 2534

I haven't used it or heard of it but from looking online, looks like a good bet. 

this guy seems to like it:

https://digital-photography-school.com/review-kf-concept-tc2534-tripod/

(I probably realize that if it took me 2 mins of looking at something you suggested you probably already saw this)

2 minutes ago, TheGeeker said:

I haven't used it or heard of it but from looking online, looks like a good bet. 

this guy seems to like it:

https://digital-photography-school.com/review-kf-concept-tc2534-tripod/

(I probably realize that if it took me 2 mins of looking at something you suggested you probably already saw this)

Thanks for that, is there any suggesting for the head? all they are ball head?

Thanks for that, is there any suggesting for the head? all they are ball head?

Personally for heads the main two I was looking at were a ball head or a pan and tilt head. What setup are you using? (Gear Bag and other things)

Just now, TheGeeker said:

Personally for heads the main two I was looking at were a ball head or a pan and tilt head. What setup are you using? (Gear Bag and other things)

I am use a shoulder bag for the camera and the lence, and carry the tripod separatly

Just now, zehao39 said:

I am use a shoulder bag for the camera and the lence, and carry the tripod separatly

Okay b/c for my setup I like to hike with my stuff so didnt want to carry the tripod. So I use a camera bag that I had but it didnt have a place for a tripod, so I just stick one leg in the front pouch and zip it up, thus why I got a ball head as it was lower profile. 

Okay b/c for my setup I like to hike with my stuff so didnt want to carry the tripod. So I use a camera bag that I had but it didnt have a place for a tripod, so I just stick one leg in the front pouch and zip it up, thus why I got a ball head as it was lower profile. 

oh, I see. thanks for the suggestion

3 minutes ago, zehao39 said:

oh, I see. thanks for the suggestion

Yeah, NP. i mean the tripod you linked was good, just I am not sure how well it will hold up over time. Tripods are an investment so Id get something that can be used for 5 or more even years, just kinda think what do I need now and in the future so you dont buy two 200$ tripods vs one 350$ one

Look for a 3 legged thing, but I wouldn't go for a $150 tripod to stick a d810 on it especially if you will do long exposures or timelapses. 

Short story, I used to have a manfrotto befree one, which I bought for £100 on sale. I put it on my balcony once to record a timelapse, half an hour later, the leg was creeping due to the weight and ruined my shot, whats more, I am pretty sure, the camera would end up on someone's head if I left it there for another 20 mins, and I'd end up with a £1500 paperweight at best and a huge lawsuit at worst. 

I was on ebay looking for a 3lt albert that afternoon, got one, never looked back. The payload quoted is usually what the head will take, in my experience, the legs don't always support that. The albert folds down to 45cm and weighs under 2.5kg (fits in my carry on very comfortably and goes with me everywhere my 5d does) and expands to a bit taller than me (1.85m), but realistically I never shoot above eye level, unless I put a flash on there. So, I believe its very worth the extra money, its not something you will be upgrading any time soon.

Some pointers in general:

Look for an arca swiss head, gives you the ability to put on an l bracket and I find it better than mafrotto in general. 

Look for twist lock legs, especially if you go with a lighter, dinkier tripod. 

Look for something with a hook mechanism you can attach a ballast to if weather is harsh. 

Don't skimp out. (Again I would seriously consider doubling my budget if I were you, a d810 is very heavy). Also, cheaper tripods are often very bad quality wise. 

Pick something out you can easily take care of yourself, greasing joints, removable everything etc. You'll thank me 3 years down the line. 

Look for a good included head. Many tripods come as legs alone, and I've seen many retailers bundle them up with cheap heads. If you don't do video, you don't really need a tilt/pan etc. head, so a ballhead might be best. 

Look for something with spirit levels on it and don't rely on them entirely, use your camera's level and eyes too, especially if you aare photographing buildings. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/