Phillips Hue 10W Questions

Alza-Aaron

Just wondering, would a single Phillips Hue Color 10W light bulb be enough to light up a 3 x 3 x 3m Room? If not are there any other better multicoloured lights that i could buy? 

Also do i NEED the bridge to control the light using my phone?

Im just trying to get some better lighting in my gaming room...

3m height, wow.

I don't know how many lumens it produces, but I assume 600+, then sure it would be enough depending on how much light you ant in the space. It still won't be "bright"

What is you current lighting?

1 hour ago, Ertman said:

3m height, wow.

I don't know how many lumens it produces, but I assume 600+, then sure it would be enough depending on how much light you ant in the space. It still won't be "bright"

What is you current lighting?

It is just a common 24W phillips tornado

You're current tornado light is 1460lm and the hue color is 806lm, so it will be less bright.

You do need the bridge to control the hue light, without it you can it only turn on and off with the normal light switch.

The phone app connects to the bridge by wifi and the bridge connects to the lamp by radio signals (zigbee).

If you go for the hue, look for a starters package, it will have all you need and is mostly cheaper.

One warning, if you start with hue, you want more ;)

On 17/03/2018 at 5:50 PM, Dune II said:

You're current tornado light is 1460lm and the hue color is 806lm, so it will be less bright.

You do need the bridge to control the hue light, without it you can it only turn on and off with the normal light switch.

The phone app connects to the bridge by wifi and the bridge connects to the lamp by radio signals (zigbee).

If you go for the hue, look for a starters package, it will have all you need and is mostly cheaper.

One warning, if you start with hue, you want more ;)

I can support this sentiment with 54 hue devices

Addictive little fuckers

CPU I7 8700k oc'd @ 5ghz Motherboard ASUS Z370 E RAM G.Skill Trident RGB 16gb (2x8) ddr4 3000mh GPU EVGA GTX 980ti SSC