Opinions on new drive

I am looking to install an M.2 drive for boot purposes and some light storage.  I have a link here to the Amazon page, just wondering #1 Is this drive even capable of booting from and #2 If this is a good quality product for my money.  So if anyone has used this drive and had good or bad experience, please let me know.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LYFKX41/?coliid=I2DW91Y85CBLI8&colid=F50FCOK898F7&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I have used a corsair m500 for a long time. The only think that I would recommend is to  initialize

It's a good drive for sure,  I've used it in some NUCs, and yeah you can boot from it. the one thing that I would say is that unless you have a large HD or SSD in the same computer, i'd go at least 500 gig

3 minutes ago, ZexenPro said:

It's a good drive for sure,  I've used it in some NUCs, and yeah you can boot from it. the one thing that I would say is that unless you have a large HD or SSD in the same computer, i'd go at least 500 gig

Actually my 2TB just quit, but I'm getting a 4TB to replace it.  There are 4 other drives in there for misc. storage, so size isn't really and issue here, lol.

As long as your mobo supports nvme pcie boot you're good to go, Samsung nvme's are arguably the best. If you already have a SSD boot drive you won't notice much difference going nvme really but if you're jumping from a HDD I'd say might as well, I skipped the 2.5 ssd and went from a WD blue to a 950 pro, no ragrets

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

1 minute ago, meenmeen1103 said:

As long as your mobo supports nvme pcie boot you're good to go, Samsung nvme's are arguably the best. If you already have a SSD boot drive you won't notice much difference going nvme really but if you're jumping from a HDD I'd say might as well, I skipped the 2.5 ssd and went from a WD blue to a 950 pro, no ragrets

Cool!  Now just to save dat moneh.