I'm planning to build a new gaming rig in this month hopefully,
The components I chose are,
i5 8400
GTX 1070 ti from Galax
Asus TUF Z370 PLUS
8 GB Trident Z RGB RAM 3000 BUS
1 TB HDD

I was planning to get a Thermaltake Smart RGB/0500W PSU
So will this PSU be sufficient enough or should I get a 600W PSU?

Its enough power but its not the best tier. Try finding something from tier 1-2

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

6 minutes ago, hamim said:

Hello,
i5 8400
GTX 1070 ti from Galax
Asus TUF Z370 PLUS
1 TB HDD

500w will probably be fine but I would get 600w to be on the safe side and then there is a bit more headroom for future upgrades

36 minutes ago, Assassinguy2623 said:

500w will probably be fine but I would get 600w to be on the safe side and then there is a bit more headroom for future upgrades

He would have no problems running that off of a decent 350W unit. He'll pull close to 300-350W with that PC. If he gets a 1080 Ti and an 8700, that'll be closer to 400W. 

:)

Go for a 500w unit which is plenty for your build. I also think you should add a ssd to your part list for fast boot times. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

yeah even 500W is very overkill don't waste money on the higher wattage thinking if you'll upgrade it will be used. it really won't unless you upgrade to HEDT. and at that point when you have the money for that you have the money for a PSU

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

Thank you all very much :) I'll stick to the 500W then :) 

15 minutes ago, hamim said:

Don't get the Smart RGB PSU. It's crap. Get a decent PSU instead. The decent PSU just doesn't have to have an excessively high wattage. 

:)

4 hours ago, Assassinguy2623 said:

4 hours ago, Rasbir Singh said:

Go for a 500w unit which is plenty for your build. I also think you should add a ssd to your part list for fast boot times. 

3 hours ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

yeah even 500W is very overkill don't waste money on the higher wattage thinking if you'll upgrade it will be used. it really won't unless you upgrade to HEDT. and at that point when you have the money for that you have the money for a PSU

A 500W what?  Firecracker that will either die in a year or kill all his components over three?

Sure... 500W is "more than enough", but at least steer him in the direction of a PSU that's going to last and not kill all his parts.  Jeez.

2 hours ago, hamim said:

http://r.ebay.com/bBxSkF

That's 500W and is dirt cheap.

(I'm joking... Don't you dare.  Just making a point.)

9 hours ago, hamim said:

Hello,
i5 8400
GTX 1070 ti from Galax
Asus TUF Z370 PLUS
1 TB HDD

That PSU is garbage.

If you want RGB, you have to get the Thermaltake ToughPower Grand RGB Gold 650W.

But that one is shit...

9 hours ago, Assassinguy2623 said:

Yeah and what do you say to the one he has?!
Are all 500W good??
Why do you post such things?!

8 hours ago, Rasbir Singh said:

Are all 500W good??

8 hours ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

Are all 500W good??

6 hours ago, hamim said:

You have my condolences for buying a rather bad PSU instead of getting a good one.

Good PSU:
Be quiet Pure Power 10, 400W and up

Cooler Master Master Watt (without anything).

Corsair CXx50W (though a bit on the loud side).

ANd for a bit more you can get something like a Bitfenix Formula Gold.

THAT would be good PSU.

The Thermaltake you've linked is not, sadly.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"