Crazy Question About Windows 98, VMs, and Printers

OJTheAviator

So I figured I'd ask here to see if people here had any ideas, does anyone know of a way to

A: Print from a Windows 98 Virtualbox VM to a network printer through my Windows 10 host machine?

B: Transfer files between my 98 VM and Windows 10 host? (I can mount ISOs and get files to the VM that way, I just can't figure out how to go the other direction. The VirtualBox sharing software does not seem work on DOS-based versions of windows, and although I can pass through USB devices, all my thumb drives don't have drivers for 98 available.)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Tech, engineering, gaming and promoting the metric system. These are my things.

Lover of Linux.

Currently rocking a ThinkPad L13 laptop tricked out with an i7, running Windows 10.
PC Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6700
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
Motherboard: Asus Z170 A
RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB

Two things

1) Your title says 95, post says 98

2) What are you trying to do with 98? lol

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

There are ways to use a virtual Ethernet connection between host and VM to share files.

This tutorial for VirtualBox uses Linux, I'll link a Windows tutorial once I find one: https://2buntu.com/articles/1513/accessing-your-virtualbox-guest-from-your-host-os/

This one is for Windows on VMWare:

EDIT: here's your Windows tutorial, also using VirtualBox: https://serverfault.com/questions/225155/virtualbox-how-to-set-up-networking-so-both-host-and-guest-can-access-internet

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 hour ago, LtStaffel said:

1) Your title says 95, post says 98

Thanks for that, I must be more tired than I thought, I meant Windows 98.

1 hour ago, LtStaffel said:

2) What are you trying to do with 98? lol

Great question! I'm mostly just messing around and having fun with the old OS, more specifically; playing old DOS games and attempting to print the ford window sticker from "Ford Simulator".

1 hour ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

There are ways to use a virtual Ethernet connection between host and VM to share files.

This tutorial for VirtualBox uses Linux, I'll link a Windows tutorial once I find one: https://2buntu.com/articles/1513/accessing-your-virtualbox-guest-from-your-host-os/

This one is for Windows on VMWare:

EDIT: here's your Windows tutorial, also using VirtualBox: https://serverfault.com/questions/225155/virtualbox-how-to-set-up-networking-so-both-host-and-guest-can-access-internet

Thanks! I do have internet access using the bridged adapter settings, I'll try these tutorials!

Tech, engineering, gaming and promoting the metric system. These are my things.

Lover of Linux.

Currently rocking a ThinkPad L13 laptop tricked out with an i7, running Windows 10.
PC Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6700
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
Motherboard: Asus Z170 A
RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB