Upgrading an old amd laptop

Would it be possible to upgrade an old AMD laptop and put in an a Ryzen 5 2400g in it?

im looking for something i can take on the go and play some light games on like minecraft, league of legends, cs;go and some other similar light games

aiming for 60fps on the lowest settings

I dont own any laptops so i cant just upgrade anything thats why i want to see if i can buy a used one and upgrade it with a 2400g

What laptop?

The answer is almost definitely no, but it does depend on what you're working with.

Just now, butler1233 said:

What laptop?

The answer is almost definitely no, but it does depend on what you're working with.

I havent done much research into other than i learned that i can upgrade them so i have no idea what laptop

You're unlikely to be able to just upgrade a laptop. You'd be a lot better just buying a newish one, than buying an older one and trying to upgrade it. If you did manage to find one that is even upgradeable (usually the CPU is soldered to the motherboard), the cooling system probably wouldn't be able to keep the chip cool - That's a 65w chip, so keeping that cool in a laptop would be awkward. Battery life would be practically non-existent too.

hi

Like people above me already said. The awser is no. Laptop CPU/APU's are soldered most of the time. Also as your saying "old" i geus that youre having a A8 APU or something which isnt a AM4 socket APU.

3 minutes ago, Jarno. said:

HI @butler1233

Like people above me already said. The awser is no. Laptop CPU/APU's are soldered most of the time. Also as your saying "old" i geus that youre having a A8 APU or something which isnt a AM4 socket APU.

Why am I mentioned here? That's literally what I said:

23 minutes ago, butler1233 said:

You're unlikely to be able to just upgrade a laptop [...] usually the CPU is soldered to the motherboard

1 minute ago, butler1233 said:

Why am I mentioned here? That's literally what I said:

Sorry i've screwed up there, i meant eric1830 ofcours

7 hours ago, Jarno. said:

hi

I dont own any laptops my goal was to buy an old one and upgrade it but im now discovering i cant :P