So I am looking to by some headphones but I like to listen to music as similar to how the artist wanted and so Im tired of listening to all bass headphones and so I am unsure on what to buy I have about 300 USD. 

If you could suggest any that would be great. 

also if you need more imfomation on what im looking for just message me :)

thanks 

Also if you could suggest a small dac that I could get for about up too 150 usd. preferably with 2 xlr connectors and one head phone connector. 

Just now, LATINO WATER BOTTEL said:

with 2 xlr connectors

2 XLR connections for what?

Ahh that was quick thanks a lot I will take a look

Well if you have $300 for headphones and $150 for a DAC/Amp I would recommend a different DAC/Amp unit. I thought you had $300 for both.

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

2 XLR connections for what?

I am going to be buying 2 rokit 8inch speakers to play out loud as well but they dont need to be amplified they have amps built in them. 

Well if you have $300 for headphones and $150 for a DAC/Amp I would recommend a different DAC/Amp unit. I thought you had $300 for both.

nah 300 for headphones 150 for dac 

I am going to be buying 2 rokit 8inch speakers to play out loud as well but they dont need to be amplified they have amps built in them. 

You don't need XLR connections. You can't find Amps with XLR outs for that cheap. Just use RCA or 1/4in out.

nah 300 for headphones 150 for dac 

Ok HD600 for pure neutrality. HD650 for a little more bass (still not a bassy headphone) and sound stage, at the cost of a little bit of details and slightly recessed vocals. $150 for a DAC/Amp could you maybe stretch to $200 and get the classic Magni 3 Modi 2 Schiit Stack?

You don't need XLR connections. You can't find Amps with XLR outs for that cheap. Just use RCA or 1/4in out.

ohh yeah I didn't even think of that! that's some money saved lol 

Ok HD600 for pure neutrality. HD650 for a little more bass (still not a bassy headphone) and sound stage, at the cost of a little bit of details and slightly recessed vocals. $150 for a DAC/Amp could you maybe stretch to $200 and get the classic Magni 3 Modi 2 Schiit Stack?

Im sorry about this but I like older music and the people Im around dont like to hear my music are there any closed back ones like this?

how about these? 

https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50x-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR86/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1458511127&sr=8-1&keywords=m50x&linkCode=sl1&tag=techsource02-20&linkId=9481056e8de1ccc4015c7963d6918af2

1 minute ago, LATINO WATER BOTTEL said:

Im sorry about this but I like older music and the people Im around dont like to hear my music are there any closed back ones like this?

how about these? 

https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50x-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR86/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1458511127&sr=8-1&keywords=m50x&linkCode=sl1&tag=techsource02-20&linkId=9481056e8de1ccc4015c7963d6918af2

M50Xs are awful headphones. Do you actually want neutral headphones?

M50Xs are awful headphones. Do you actually want neutral headphones?

yeah as natural as possible but closed back  

yeah as natural as possible but closed back  

Shure 840s. Boring as hell, but super nuetral.

4 minutes ago, LATINO WATER BOTTEL said:

Not nuetral, but very good. I don't know if you actually want nuetral. Just get something that is not a crazy bass headphone.

Not nuetral, but very good. I don't know if you actually want nuetral. Just get something that is not a crazy bass headphone.

haha ya I used to have beats and so I really had a bad experince with too much bass but I think these will be perfect for what I am looking for. 

thanks for all the help 

On 2018-03-07 at 7:03 PM, LATINO WATER BOTTEL said:

ohh yeah I didn't even think of that! that's some money saved lol 

XLR. RCA. ... ... ... There’s all kinds of squirrely and odd (yet, with an adapter, interchangeable) analog audio connections. For me, I had my heart set on the 1/4” jack, instead of the more common 3.5mm mini jack (insert NSFW size joke here). I had this notion than the larger jack was more robust. Nah.

Re: M50x ... Ohhhhhh, no. I’m not stepping on that topic (again). There’s apparently a lot of superior options.  @LATINO WATER BOTTEL , give us your impressions once the dust settles and you get to play with your new toys, eh!