AMD Radeon HD7990 Issues As Usual.

Go to solution Solved by Recon-UK,

I totally agree, AMD'S drivers suck camel cock.

Hey all

I know i have posted similar sort of issues in the past but as usual this gpu is fricking annoying me. It seems the only two games I get good FPS in is BF4 (when it works) and Farcry 3 which crashes all the time.

Also I booted up old BF3 (Latest BF4 Patch sucks) and i got better FPS with my old GTX 670. And also people may ask why i even bought the HD 7990 and that was because at the time it was a steal it was only £350.

So yeah pretty much I hate AMD with there terrible drivers. I have noticed as well that the gpu only runs toasty on games like BF4 and Farcry 3 which is strange because it seems the gpu doesn't seem to be using it's full potential because i get amazing fps in BF4 but shitty fps in BF3. I have monitored the gpu with MSI afterburner and it seems that both gpu cores are running but it doesn't seem to heat up as much as when i play BF4.

Anyway there is probably some repetition somewhere but help please.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Also if someone could find a AMD driver that will give me good fps in most games i will love you.

This was in a different thread but i moved it to the correct one.

Processor: i7 3770k 4.5ghz Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7990 Case: NZXT Phantom 410

Storage: 1 TB WD Caviar Black 7200rpm x2  PSU:Corsair CX 750w

Look a REPOST! And it wasn't even because of a bug...

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

I totally agree, AMD'S drivers suck camel cock.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

I have install drivers for AMD cards before and they end up being unstable which quickly lead to BSoDs or get stuck in 256 colour mode and 640x480 res even when forced to display 32 bit depth and 1920x1080 res and is a pain in the ass to set it back to normal again.

I have install drivers for AMD cards before and they end up with the BSoD or get stuck in 256 colour mode and 640x480 res even when forced to display 32 bit depth and 1920x1080 res and is a pain in the ass to set it back to normal again.

Windows 8 blocked AMD'S drivers saying they are not digitally signed.

And only some of my games work.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Windows 8 blocked AMD'S drivers saying they are not digitally signed.

And only some of my games work.

These computers I have to look at (because of AMD's hardware/software) have Windows 7 home premium.

I think I am going to sell my HD 7990 and head back to the green team and buy a GTX 780ti.

Because AMD drivers are god awful.

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7990 Case: NZXT Phantom 410

Maybe amd drivers are not awful and you are just awful?

I have used both amd and nvidia drivers and never had any issues.

My 7950 ran good in both windows 7 and 8.(1)

My GTX TITAN that i got for 400$ is also doing just fine.

Both AMD and Nvidia make good drivers, In most games the 7990 works and if crossfire doesn't work then you either got to try fix it with Radeon Pro or wait for it. I know in bf4 people with crossfire/sli have problems.

And if you gonna change your gpu get a GTX 780 or a direct cu2 R9 290 or any of the custom coolers.

Also to the other guy Where in the hell are amd drivers blocked on windows 8? Thats not true at all.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 4,6GHZ OC MB: MSI Mpower z77  RAM: Kingston Genesis 1600Mhz CL9 16GB

GPU: ASUS R9 290 Direct CUII  PSU: Corsair AX 860

I've owned both Green and Red, and a CFX setup as well. Most games work perfect with CFX but I found to avoid any issues just use RadeonPro. Just an idea but CFX doesn't work in windowed mode. So i can see why you'd get lower frames than expected, also I have to wonder if you've not got remnants of old past drives lying around buggering everything up.  

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

Both AMD and Nvidia make good drivers, In most games the 7990 works and if crossfire doesn't work then you either got to try fix it with Radeon Pro or wait for it. I know in bf4 people with crossfire/sli have problems.

And if you gonna change your gpu get a GTX 780 or a direct cu2 R9 290 or any of the custom coolers.

Also to the other guy Where in the hell are amd drivers blocked on windows 8? Thats not true at all.

Right there is no need to call me awful because i have had a bad expierience with AMD drivers. Yes they may work for you but in my expierience they have just been a massive headache. I have also used Nvidia drivers with my old GTX 670 and they have work fine apart from certain patches but most of the time Nvidia for me has been perfect. I should be able to play most games at a decent frame rate but no I have been reduced to laggy mess's in most of my steam games. The only games my Hd 7990 works on are games that are optimized for AMD which just isn't good enough.

I've owned both Green and Red, and a CFX setup as well. Most games work perfect with CFX but I found to avoid any issues just use RadeonPro. Just an idea but CFX doesn't work in windowed mode. So i can see why you'd get lower frames than expected, also I have to wonder if you've not got remnants of old past drives lying around buggering everything up.  

I formatted my hardrives when I installed the 7990 because my drives were full of rubbish.

I formatted my hardrives when I installed the 7990 because my drives were full of rubbish.

Interesting. so you only get good FPS in 2 games as I understand it, BF4 and Farcry3, well both are buggy messes. Do you have owt else installed that you could test? maybe run BF3 with CFX on and then with it off so I can see some numbers and try get my head around this. 

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

http://www.overclock.net/t/1440316/strange-problem

http://www.overclock.net/forum/newestpost/1438756

Go masturbate.

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

There might be something other than drivers at play with all the problems you have.

I'm running triple 7970's in Trifire and for example BF3 runs smooth with Eyefinity on Ultra. I'm using the latest beta drivers at the moment. There was a time however when I was running almost 6 months old drivers because the newest ones kept crapping out with multiscreens. Now the latest ones seem to work fine though.

One weird problem I have encountered with Unigine benchmarks where for some reason I can only run with one card instead of all three. It just doesn't want to utilize my full Trifire.

Also there have been times when windowed mode in some games messes up crossfire and it doesn't kick in, but runs on single GPU only.

Have you checked your GPU usage when you have BF3 running? I got OpenHardwareMonitor logging my rig and it's a quick way to see if your GPU clocks went to the target maximum when you had a game running full screen. You can use other software also as long as they show the max values you had instead of current values only. Alt tabbing usually sends all but one GPU to idle state.