Automating mouse actions

Hello Linusites,

I used to work with this guy who was able to push a button and the mouse would do all these predefined actions. He did this to become more efficient and not have to rewrite certain answers over and over. All I knew was that he used some scripts that he put into this program and made it work. Anybody know what programs do this now a days. I've searched but maybe I'm not using the correct keywords. Any help would be great.

Thank you in advance.

AutoIT, Autohotkey.

For web browsers, use phantom JS or selenium or something related to those 2.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

@Shabadoo Yeah autohotkey would be very easy.

Then you'd just open notepad, save it as whatever.ahk and setup your macros.

This code would make it type "This is just test verbiage" everytime you pressed the "e" key.

P.S. been a while since I messed with AHK so the sendinput command might be wrong, but this is how easy it would be.

e::
  SendInput, This is just test verbiage
Return

Osmium: NFC Skyreach 4 // i7-8700k (delidd) // GTX 1080 // 32GB DDR4-3200Mhz // 1TB 960 Evo M.2 // 1.1TB MX300 m.2
Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow // Razer Orbweaver // Razer Kraken // Logitech G502 // Logitech K830 // LG 34UC88-B

Usage: Adobe Lightroom // Adobe Photoshop // Web Dev // Recording Gameplay // Video Editing // Portable Gaming

AFAIK mouse-only actions are tad harder to automate as you are working with pointer positions defined by pixels. If you can do same with just keyboard, it's easy to set up some macros. There are other macro software (like Pulover's Macro Creator) which can export to AutoHotkey.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...

@LoGiCalDrm @Revamp @bob51zhang thanks for all the advice. I have been looking at them and it does look like AutoIT will help me. I've been busy with school and work so sorry for not saying anything recently.