In need of PC experts!

so i am looking to run a Dual-PC setup for gaming and streaming! i know that this is t he best and only way of the HIGHEST quality possible, so ive been told. i am a full time partnered streamer for twitch so i would definitely love some help from a highly knowledge and trusted community!  Heres what i have in mind so far. just asking for ideas or sugggestions if those builds arent good enough

Gaming PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/biigboiigaming/saved/jffLD3

Streaming PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/biigboiigaming/saved/swX7hM

alternatively you can also get a multi socket machine and just combine both build into one. allocate one whole socket to streaming and one socket to gaming.

Or if you go with what you have you can consider a dual motherboard case instead of two separate cases

Honestly I don't think you need the 1080ti just a 1080

also you could run two 1080s in sli and use a Core i9-7980XE.

im a noob.

emosun we meet again

PC SPECS:

Case: TT View 27 Black

Motherboard: ASRock Z370 SLI XTREME ATX

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700k 

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 Mini ITX 8G

RAM: 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200MHz DDR4

PSU: Generic 800 Watt

CPU Cooler: Stock Intel Cooler(*oof*)

SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

NON PC STUFF:

Monitor: Alienware 25 Freesync(i know i have an nvidia card)

kb: Corsair K65 Luxe with MX Red Switches(and a white backplate mod to enhance the RGB)

Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 700 at 1600 dpi

Audio: Razer Kraken 7.1 V2

RGB: Corsair Lighting Node Pro with corsair light strips

Tbh with the 8700k you can even just stream on one pc, if you aren't playing cpu intensive games like cities skylines...there wouldnt really be the need for a second system, at least if you arent considering 1080p@60fps, but then i would go for a 7900x and x299, one pc makes things easier in my opinion

Quote=Reply      Feel free to tag me or sth if you have questions about Liquid Metal :) ROCKETS ARE LIFE                                                                      My current build:                                    

CPU: I7 6700k@4.7Ghz 1.31sth V; Liquid Metal (Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut) | Cooler: Corsair H100iv2 | GPU: HIS R9 390 | Motherboard: Asus Z170-A | RAM: 16GB 2133Mhz HyperX FuryX | Storage: 1x 250GB Samsung 960 Evo 1x random 4TB 7200RPM HDD | Case: Lian Li Alpha  550W | PSU: Corsair RM650i | Misc.: 6x Lian Li 120mm Bora RGB Fans

My Build Log: 

24 minutes ago, biigboiigaming said:

so i am looking to run a Dual-PC setup for gaming and streaming! i know that this is t he best and only way of the HIGHEST quality possible, so ive been told. i am a full time partnered streamer for twitch so i would definitely love some help from a highly knowledge and trusted community!  Heres what i have in mind so far. just asking for ideas or sugggestions if those builds arent good enough

Gaming PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/biigboiigaming/saved/jffLD3

Streaming PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/biigboiigaming/saved/swX7hM

Ryzen is way better for streaming. get something like a 1700 or 1600 and save money.

Personally I would go with this if i had the money https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PCVK8Y just eliminates the second system, maybe consider going a bit up in ram to 32gb but otherwise it would also cut the cost of the streaming pc so you could put it in this instead @biigboiigaming

Quote=Reply      Feel free to tag me or sth if you have questions about Liquid Metal :) ROCKETS ARE LIFE                                                                      My current build:                                    

CPU: I7 6700k@4.7Ghz 1.31sth V; Liquid Metal (Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut) | Cooler: Corsair H100iv2 | GPU: HIS R9 390 | Motherboard: Asus Z170-A | RAM: 16GB 2133Mhz HyperX FuryX | Storage: 1x 250GB Samsung 960 Evo 1x random 4TB 7200RPM HDD | Case: Lian Li Alpha  550W | PSU: Corsair RM650i | Misc.: 6x Lian Li 120mm Bora RGB Fans

My Build Log: 

Also you could go down with the HDD storage if you want, let me get sth else, https://pcpartpicker.com/list/P3XrHh this would another config, just with an m.2 and less HDD space, idon't know your needs

My Build Log: 

1 minute ago, thelordofwarr said:

Personally I would go with this if i had the money https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PCVK8Y just eliminates the second system, maybe consider going a bit up in ram to 32gb but otherwise it would also cut the cost of the streaming pc so you could put it in this instead @biigboiigaming

Even with higher core counts and more processing power, the two tasks will try to share recources and cause performance loss. the easiest way to negate this is by seperating recources for different tasks by using a virtual machine, with is cost effective, but can lead to some headaches. Linus made a good video about this

OR dedicating cpu cores to programs with software, like 4 for the game, 4 for encoding and 2 doing random tasks

My Build Log: 

My Build Log: 

10 hours ago, CUDA_Cores said:

Dual socket motherboard do not scale perfectly

Yeah neither does multi core cpu's. Like as if one core is exactly it's percentage of the cpu's overall speed with zero diminishing returns? Yeah , no , the only reason you said that was to argue which I'm not going to do.

Dual socket motherboards take up more space than a gaming rig + a dedicated mini-ITX streaming machine

this is just flat out incorrect which is why the statement is so short and contains no examples. Dual socket boards fall under the same size and form factor standards as any other....... I'm not even going to bother typing it out because you aren't worth arguing with......

dual socket systems CANNOT be overclocked

which is about as smart as saying 

"Single socket systems only have one heat sink , seriously guys...... you cannot add a second cpu heat sink..... major bummer......"