Elite Dangerous HOTAS and Rudder Setup Help

Go to solution Solved by 8uhbbhu8,
On 3/3/2018 at 7:30 PM, Ritsukashy said:

like right now my throttle and my pedals do the same thing right now and i dont know why

Usually once you have them plugged in and set up on the machine you will need to go through the game settings and map what button, switch, peddle. etc does what in the joystick section of the settings. I had to do that even with my simple Extreme Pro 3D.

Basically what do you want to use the setup for:

Peddles are usually for left and right "turning" (yaw) or rolling.

The joystick can also be setup to do that but i'd say use it for pitch (and or) a mix of pitch roll and yaw.

5a9e298d5461f_1200px-Flight_dynamics_with_text(1).png.1ca89f2ffe247089c5fffcc5f566ba2d.png

Throttle needs to be set in the game as well in the section marked "throttle" Don't use the percentage throttle section for your hotas. Save that for keyboard shortcuts.

Experimenting NEEDS to be done with this game in terms of how you want everything set up for your system as every one is different.

Then setup your most used other settings like hardpoints, silent running, cargo scoop, sensors, landing gear, lights, etc to the extra buttons on the hotas.

I'm looking for help with setting up my thrustmaster warthog hotas for elite dangerous. For background i did not buy the hotas as it was a gift for a late birthday. so this is my first time using one on any game and don't really know how to set it up. I looked online and the main thing i saw were people saying it doesn't work well for elite dangerous without rudder paddles so i bought the thrustmaster flight rudder pedals. i got the hotas to work itself with a configuration profile online but i haven't seen a profile with the pedals and i don't really understand the target software. if anyone can help me set it up it would be greatly appreciated. also if anyone has any tips or other setup suggestion i would greatly appreciate it. For context i got my current setup profile from here https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/22379-Thrustmaster-Warthog-Configuration-amp-Sheets

The pedals should be pretty easy just go to settings and map them to yaw

Unless of course you want one of your pedals to jettison all cargo or something

My life

i don't need to do anything in the target software? 

like right now my throttle and my pedals do the same thing right now and i dont know why

On 3/3/2018 at 7:30 PM, Ritsukashy said:

Usually once you have them plugged in and set up on the machine you will need to go through the game settings and map what button, switch, peddle. etc does what in the joystick section of the settings. I had to do that even with my simple Extreme Pro 3D.

The joystick can also be setup to do that but i'd say use it for pitch (and or) a mix of pitch roll and yaw.

5a9e298d5461f_1200px-Flight_dynamics_with_text(1).png.1ca89f2ffe247089c5fffcc5f566ba2d.png

Throttle needs to be set in the game as well in the section marked "throttle" Don't use the percentage throttle section for your hotas. Save that for keyboard shortcuts.

Experimenting NEEDS to be done with this game in terms of how you want everything set up for your system as every one is different.

Then setup your most used other settings like hardpoints, silent running, cargo scoop, sensors, landing gear, lights, etc to the extra buttons on the hotas.

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

On 3/5/2018 at 9:33 PM, 8uhbbhu8 said:

sorry for not noticing the reply thought my thread died my issue want the set up it was that my rudder pedals and throttle were being shown as the same thing so i wasn't able to put pitch since it was acting as my throttle and vice versa if i changed it to pitch. i found out by watching videos and used the target software to change its output type so everything works great now. thanks for the reply tho