Upgrade or wait?

aberdie

I'm still rocking the old Yamakasi catleap monitor.  Looking to upgrade to an ultrawide, specifically the Predator X34P.

Question is that, should I hold of for any monitor coming out soon?  Kind of out of the loop, currently waiting on parts coming today to build a new PC.

6 minutes ago, Berd said:

I'm still rocking the old Yamakasi catleap monitor.  Looking to upgrade to an ultrawide, specifically the Predator X34P.

Question is that, should I hold of for any monitor coming out soon?  Kind of out of the loop, currently waiting on parts coming today to build a new PC.

if you want a new monitor sure, I have the asus 34 ultrawide, 3440x1440, 100hz, I don't think it was worth the 12-1300. for gaming, the high refresh rate is awesome, but the ultrawide can be more often than not, a distraction/disadvantage in comptetitive online games. in single player games its more emersive because of the wider FOV. 

for general use, really nice for a single monitor to have multiple windows open and still be able to read text without messing with windows display scaling that you have to deal with when using a 4k 3840x2160 monitor.

I have the x34 predator. I'd actually look on the used market for yours. It isn't worth the MSRP especially if your hardware can't handle it. I got mine used for about 750 off of Craigslist, and it's been working great since I got it over a year ago. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

41 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

I have the x34 predator. I'd actually look on the used market for yours. It isn't worth the MSRP especially if your hardware can't handle it. I got mine used for about 750 off of Craigslist, and it's been working great since I got it over a year ago. 

I've been looking for used, but they only have the older model.