R9 290 problems again (with video) HELP!!

TheReven

So yeah from my previous post I'm still having this problem even with the latest drivers and its just becoming unusable now the off chance I sometimes get 3-5 hours where it doesn't happen but every time I boot up it can just crash within seconds or minetes it varies I was hoping the drivers would fix this but no luck can anyone shed some light or shall I just rma it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=xLDpB_RFsro

There's the video of the problem the game isn't relevant as it happens on anything even when I'm just browsing the web I'm even writing this post of my ipad because as soon as I get to posting it guess what happens?

XFX R9 290,AMD FX8350,Samsung 840 Pro 128gb SSD, ASUS Sabertooth 990, Corsair Vengance 8GB Ram 1600mhz, Zalman Z11 Plus mid tower. Corsair H80i Liquid Cooler,Corsair m40 ,Corsair Vengance K70

is your PSU good enough for continous power? doesnt it provide enought power fpr your system?

The fact your whole PC reboots, seems to be as if its not a GPU issue. If it was just a stright bluescreen or a hard lock/crash then i would agree.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

is your PSU good enough for continous power? doesnt it provide enought power fpr your system?

I thought that so I upgraded my 500w to 750 corsair cx surely that would be enough power right..

XFX R9 290,AMD FX8350,Samsung 840 Pro 128gb SSD, ASUS Sabertooth 990, Corsair Vengance 8GB Ram 1600mhz, Zalman Z11 Plus mid tower. Corsair H80i Liquid Cooler,Corsair m40 ,Corsair Vengance K70

The fact your whole PC reboots, seems to be as if its not a GPU issue. If it was just a stright bluescreen or a hard lock/crash then i would agree.

well I agree with you but the first thing I upgraded was my gpu then upgraded everything else around it so it only could be the gpu unless its a motherboard issue but would a issue with the mobo cause this kind of problem but then I keep getting display driver error messages too frequently my display will go off then back on then show a prompt saying display drivers not responding

I thought that so I upgraded my 500w to 750 corsair cx surely that would be enough power right..

yea thats plenty of power. my cx600m is working is fine.

its not your GPU something else in your system is unreliable. could be even a virus or malware.

use malwarebytes and ccleaner to clean your system

try using the onboard gpu 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

try using the onboard gpu

that's a good idea actually I will try that first (oh wait I don't have one oops)

When it reboots does windows say anything eg.. That it's recovered from a serious error?

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

He's using 8350. no igpu.

oh i thought all amd cpus had igpu but ok in that case try using a diferent gpu like a old one or one from a friend 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

When it reboots does windows say anything eg.. That it's recovered from a serious error?

It used to when I was running windows 7 not all the time but now it just normally. But sometimes if It dies during boot up I get a message

oh i thought all amd cpus had igpu but ok in that case try using a diferent gpu like a old one or one from a friend

I really don't have one the only thing I can think of is an ancient one in my dads old pc but like we're talking a really old video card

yea thats plenty of power. my cx600m is working is fine.

its not your GPU something else in your system is unreliable. could be even a virus or malware.

use malwarebytes and ccleaner to clean your system

iv disconnected my hard drive and just using my ssd and its been fine fps has improved hasn't crashed do you think it could be something on my old hdd that could have caused this (still not going to state it was the problem as it might be a one off it hasn't crashed)

Atleast you didn't need to try the onboard graphics as recommended earlier.

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

Atleast you didn't need to try the onboard graphics as recommended earlier.

I'm still not sure it's fixed yet. I never had this problem when I had the 6950

Ok so turned PC off for a few hour now I'm back again with the same problem formatting my hard drive has not fixed this problem

Have you tested under Win7?

Found this article from another thread and came across something interesting. Left a quote and link.

A bit of a warning, it seems that AMD still automatically apply the overclock at startup. be careful with that? Push it too far and with the settings pre-applied, there is a possibility that the card would crash during Windows bootup/start. So be sure that you know what you are doing.

Source.

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

Have you tested under Win7?

Found this article from another thread and came across something interesting. Left a quote and link.

Source.

Yeah I had the same problem using 7 and oh right that's interesting I doubt it's been automatically overclockes but how would I revert it if it does it by default

I personally wouldn't know, but you may want to ask a few of the LTT members who have the 290/290X cards for assistance.

You might have a bad GPU similar thing happened to my old 7870. Maybe look around the AMD forums and see if anyone is having similar issues.

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning