CPU-Z shows higher Voltage than set in BIOS

Hoff9zu0

Hi ,

my i7 8700k is running a bit hot. In some games i get up to 80c after a few minutes already.

I noticed that CPU-Z shows the Vcore peaks at 1,3 Volt.

In the Bios i already set an offset of -0,06V. It seems like no matter what i do, the Voltage keeps going up that high. In Cinebench though i only get 1,136V and in idle 0.59V.

How can i lower the Voltage when gaming? Im @stock so im sure i should be able to run it at 1.2V max.

ThankS!

21 minutes ago, Hoff9zu0 said:

Hi ,

my i7 8700k is running a bit hot. In some games i get up to 80c after a few minutes already.

I noticed that CPU-Z shows the Vcore peaks at 1,3 Volt.

In the Bios i already set an offset of -0,06V. It seems like no matter what i do, the Voltage keeps going up that high. In Cinebench though i only get 1,136V and in idle 0.59V.

How can i lower the Voltage when gaming? Im @stock so im sure i should be able to run it at 1.2V max.

ThankS!

What cooler and download HWMonitor.

Also, go to the BIOS and make sure that MCE (multi-core enhancement) is turned OFF/DISABLED. This feature is effectively overclocking, just with a "fairly low frequency" (boost across all cores) and overcompensates the voltage, putting extra "wear and tear" on your chip. The quickest way to overclock would be to set your vcore manually (start at 1.25) and set speed to 4.5ghz. Set LLC (load line calibration) to auto. See if that is stable. If so, keep bringing the vcore down until games and tests become unstable. Once you find that level, bring it up a bit until stability is reached.