HELP! my monitor died!

TechnoNoob

30 mins earlier i had a power breakout in my house and when that happened i was using my pc so my pc just shut down due to power loss. After i fixed my electricity and try to open my computer again my monitor wont power up!! The whole pc is ok but my monitor is not getting any power! Please help! My monitor is asus VG245H

you 100% sure its on?

plug it into a different outlet

change power cable

change monitor cable

5 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

you 100% sure its on?

plug it into a different outlet

change power cable

change monitor cable

Im sure its 100% on and i did all what you said but still no luck it wont power on. 

1 minute ago, TechnoNoob said:

Im sure its 100% on and i did all what you said but still no luck it wont power on. 

If its genuinely dead; you tested different cables, reset the surge protector, switched video outputs, etc., then you may have a dead monitor. When did you purchase it? You may be able to get an RMA

1 minute ago, CrippledROBOT said:

If its genuinely dead; you tested different cables, reset the surge protector, switched video outputs, etc., then you may have a dead monitor. When did you purchase it? You may be able to get an RMA

It just arrived today i ordered it through internet. I tested everything and nothing worked. I am really in panic right now.

If you just got it today, simply return it

Thanks,

Portz:D

I will try to contact them about the problem and tryif i can get it fixed or get a new one.

RMA a product because it suffered an electrical anomaly.

Morality is dead. i'm convinced now more than ever.

If the power adapter is outputting DC, but the monitor will not power on (even to tell you that there is no signal), and there is no over-current/over-voltage protections in place, it's very likely dead.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

5 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

If the power adapter is outputting DC, but the monitor will not power on (even to tell you that there is no signal), and there is no over-current/over-voltage protections in place, it's very likely dead.

Do you think i will need to pay extra for the reparation if i RMA this product?

Just now, TechnoNoob said:

Do you think i will need to pay extra for the reparation if i RMA this product?

Doubt it. Asus is pretty good when it comes to RMA'ing their products (usually you get a referb, but sometimes you get a brand new product, depends on the cycle).

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

54 minutes ago, TechnoNoob said:

I will try to contact them about the problem and tryif i can get it fixed or get a new one.

49 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

Don't get it fixed; contact the place of purchase and let them know it worked for XYZ minutes, shut off on its' own, and is no longer powering up, even after you've tried other power outlets, cables, and surge protectors, etc. If you want to be ethical / moral about it, let them know there was a power surge in your house. Just be aware that they may not cover power surges under warranty, and will then direct you to contact the manufacturer of your surge protector or electricity company to have them cover the damaged monitor under their power surge liability clauses.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 hour ago, TechnoNoob said:

It just arrived today i ordered it through internet. I tested everything and nothing worked. I am really in panic right now.

I know it isn't what you want to hear, but if it had to die, today is the best time. If you ordered on Amazon, a "return as defective" is almost as easy as actually purchasing the item. Any other reputable site should accept the return without any questions. While I cannot be 100% sure, the "power loss" may have blown the monitor. Make sure that all of your valuable electronics are plugged into a surge protector! 

Unfortunately there isn't much else that you can do until you file for a return. 

If you have any other questions please let us know! :)

11 hours ago, kirashi said:

Don't get it fixed; contact the place of purchase and let them know it worked for XYZ minutes, shut off on its' own, and is no longer powering up, even after you've tried other power outlets, cables, and surge protectors, etc. If you want to be ethical / moral about it, let them know there was a power surge in your house. Just be aware that they may not cover power surges under warranty, and will then direct you to contact the manufacturer of your surge protector or electricity company to have them cover the damaged monitor under their power surge liability clauses.

Thank you for the tips as i dont want to pay for the reparation of product.

11 hours ago, CrippledROBOT said:

I know it isn't what you want to hear, but if it had to die, today is the best time. If you ordered on Amazon, a "return as defective" is almost as easy as actually purchasing the item. Any other reputable site should accept the return without any questions. While I cannot be 100% sure, the "power loss" may have blown the monitor. Make sure that all of your valuable electronics are plugged into a surge protector! 

Unfortunately there isn't much else that you can do until you file for a return. 

If you have any other questions please let us know! :)

Unfortunately i did not order from amazon. I lived in Norway and ordered from a place called Elkjøp i am trying to call their customer service now.

3 hours ago, TechnoNoob said:

Unfortunately i did not order from amazon. I lived in Norway and ordered from a place called Elkjøp i am trying to call their customer service now.

That sounds good! Let us know how it goes :)

Good news! I got my monitor fixed! They gave me a new AC adaptor since that was only the problem and all is fine and working! Thanks for the help of everyone!