Iphone 6 problems

My sister has a iphone 6 which recently has started getting slow lately, which probably is because of that batterysaving technique. But in addition to that, it has started glitching (random presses on the screen and closing apps), the screen is a little cracked, but the crack happened like a year ago. would it be possible to get apple to fix the phone / get a new device? The phone was bought after christmas 2015.

She bought the phone at a store called Elkjøp, there they said that since the phone is cracked, they'll just blame her for the glitches and will not repair it, which i think is kind of BS, as from what i've heard from others, Apple is pretty willing to fix customers phones, for free. Correct me if im wrong

Thanks for any answers

3 minutes ago, Genericplane said:

why would you buy the phone from this no-name business?...

Lol, i advised her not to buy one, but if she decides shes got to have the ultimate swag +rep phone/brand, i can't stop her

7 minutes ago, dav said:

My sister has a iphone 6 which recently has started getting slow lately, which probably is because of that batterysaving technique. But in addition to that, it has started glitching (random presses on the screen and closing apps), the screen is a little cracked, but the crack happened like a year ago. would it be possible to get apple to fix the phone / get a new device? The phone was bought after christmas 2015.

She bought the phone at a store called Elkjøp, there they said that since the phone is cracked, they'll just blame her for the glitches and will not repair it, which i think is kind of BS, as from what i've heard from others, Apple is pretty willing to fix customers phones, for free. Correct me if im wrong

Thanks for any answers

apple does not fix phones if they are not bought from the apple store or come with a valid purchase/warranty. i may be wrong though.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Just now, dav said:

Lol, i advised her not to buy one, but if she decides shes got to have the ultimate swag +rep phone, i can't stop her

imo she should have known better than to buy her phone from some shitty no-name store, but i suppose this will be a learning experience for here then...

also because you didn't buy the phone at an actual apple store or verified apple retailer i doubt they will do anything for you, but there is always a chance! go down there and tell them your situation (minus the store part unless they ask for it) and just see what happens! :D

8 minutes ago, dav said:

Thanks for any answers

Apple fixing customers' devices for free? They're the complete opposite. They charge a fortune because of their tier based repair model. It's only on issues where there's lots of backlash like the battery fiasco do they offer such nice gestures, and even then it's not free. So you can get the battery replaced at a lowered price, but the screen and everything else is still regular price depending on the tier they assign the repair to be. 

For the glitches, try restoring the device on iTunes. That's the first thing you should try. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Just now, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Apple fixing customers' devices for free? They're the complete opposite. They charge a fortune because of their tier based repair model. It's only on issues where there's lots of backlash like the battery fiasco do they offer such nice gestures, and even then it's not free. 

Huh,i though they actually had one good thing going, guess i was hoping too hard for them to redeem themselves.. :/

3 minutes ago, Genericplane said:

imo she should have known better than to buy her phone from some shitty no-name store, but i suppose this will be a learning experience for here then...

also because you didn't buy the phone at an actual apple store or verified apple retailer i doubt they will do anything for you, but there is always a chance! go down there and tell them your situation (minus the store part unless they ask for it) and just see what happens! :D

She want's to buy a new phone if she can't get it fixed, just guess the brand xD

Just now, dav said:

Huh,i though they actually had one good thing going, guess i was hoping too hard for them to redeem themselves.. :/

They redeem themselves on issues with huge public backlash like the battery thing. Apple is known to do stuff like that. They won't admit there's a problem until the device is yesterday's news and then they'll release an extended service plan for the affected devices. The issue is that most of the people who were affected would've replaced that device with a new one out of pocket by then.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

2 minutes ago, dav said:

She want's to buy a new phone if she can't get it fixed, just guess the brand xD

apple?

im getting a pixel myself :P

Just now, Genericplane said:

apple?

im getting a pixel myself :P

Apple.

Such disappointment

You can ask Apple if they'll replace the battery, but you'll have to pay for it. My iPhone 6 is currently in California (across the entire country from me) under a battery replacement claim, although I think something else is wrong. It didn't cost much to send it in.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Just now, dav said:

Apple.

Such disappointment

im leaving apple after my shotty camera experiences on the 7+... it would randomly just not open or the camera would be a black screen or it would just crash, and as a photographer that drives me crazy... and randomly now the phone gets super hot after like three photos and i cant edit pictures...

*sigh*