Requesting Help with Wireless login for guest.

Good day people in the forums.

Im pretty sure this question has been asked a multiple times on the forums but because i dont exactly know what to search, i decided to just make a new topic and hopefully helpful people can point me to the right direction..

im looking for the steps or know-how to turn my own local wifi to make it so that it has a timer of 30m and when the time is up the device will request a the person using our wifi to enter the password again. basically disabling auto-connect in some way... ive seen this on hotels that ive stayed in where it will only allocate 30m then the hotel page will request a relogin. im guessing to stop people from downloading large amounts of files when they are sleeping basically leeching the bandwidth. 

im running a small bar here in my hometown somewhere in the philippines. the location i have currently has a small apartment building and a construction site beside me.. ive been noticing some really annoying spikes on my bandwidth for a couple of weeks now. and im sure its coming from people leeching from our wifi connection.. now because of the nature of my business when a customer ask for the wifi when he is in our establishment ofcourse we are obliged to give me the pass to connect to our wifi signal, all i want is a way to prevent people from leeching from us... 

Is there a way software wise or something inexpesive or do i have to buy an expesive router or something to implement this?

what you're looking for is called a Captive Portal. your router may or may not have a setting that allows you to set one up.

Netgears ProSafe Wireless Controller has the capability, but its probably a bit out of your price range.($1500 usd).  There are probably other options though. I know PFSense can do it as well. Also CoovaChilli which is opensource. Instructions HERE.

Double check your router settings just in case though.

another option is just turn off the wireless when you close and change the password nightly

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

@Tsuki yeah ive done the turn off and replace pass in the past.. but because of how my modem+router is set up for some odd reason different ports has different DHCP IP's for some weird ass reason i cant directly connect to my bridge wifi router at the 2nd floor from my office computer. which is hella annoying.. xD im gonna see the OpenSource apps and hopefully that will do the job.. thanks for telling me the term "Captive Portal" ill see what i can dig up thx..