Opinions on this decision?

Hi guys, thinking of bidding on these workstations from 2015 and throwing a good GPU in them. According to PMs with seller they have 625 watt PSUs.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Lenovo-ThinkStation-P310-Tower-30AT000HUS-Intel-Xeon-E3-1240-v5-8GB-RAM/273080796533?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649 

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Lenovo-ThinkStation-P310-Tower-30AT000HUS-Intel-Xeon-E3-1240-v5-8GB-RAM/282858222291?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Any opinions on this course of action? Crazy idea? Good? Are midrange Xeons from 2015 future proofed? And what is the highest bid (in CAD), shipping and import duties in, I should make for this?

I game at night and do video, image editing at day, possibly 3D and realtime rendering work in the near future and will very likely do intensive vector graphic work.

Cheers

$300 USD or less IMHO, so ~$400 CAD.

Its a quad with hyper-threading, Skylake architecture, and clocks in at 3.4 to 3.8ghz.  So something like a i7-6700 non-k, just a bit slower.

What GPU are you thinking? As systems go, those look pretty solid, especially for the price (although I bet that doubles before the end of the auction, if not more). 

I'd question the PSU. Lenovo's site lists the P310 as being available with a 250W or 400W PSU. Unless he's got aftermarket parts in there, I see nothing about a 625W PSU. Aftermarket normally wouldn't wrinkle my nose, but the P310's board uses a proprietary PSU connector. That requires an adapter of its own to make an aftermarket PSU work, so I do question the power supply inside of these things.

Otherwise, given that the Xeon alone is selling for $175 US and 8GB of DDR4 is pushing $90 US, I'd venture to guess this system is worth about $350-400 US, with the understanding that that figure includes the Quadro GPU that you can sell for about $70 US after fees. The PSU is my greatest concern. Has the seller told you in writing that it's a 625W, and do they know the brand/model? I'd hate to purchase the thing, find out that your "625W" PSU is actually a 250W OEM piece of crap and be stuck on your own for the adapter and replacement or dealing with shipping a system or two back.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

OOPS. Major Screwup. I clicked the wrong PM And you are correct, this has a 400 watt PSU which limits my GPU choices, I would speculate, to a 1050 ti or lower (I'll keep the other GPU for rendering work if necessary).

It was from another very similar PM for a Precision T5810 (similar specs) which had a 685W PSU.

Thanks for your advice/info!!