SSD Won't Show Up Through External USB to SATA adapter

I bought a 256 GB HP S700 Pro Internal SSD to speed up my partner's old Macbook Pro (Mid-2012). I found a method of cloning your current hard drive onto a new SSD using a program called "SuperDuper," but I could not even reach this step of the process as the Macbook kept giving me an error stating that the disk could not be read, even when I would attempt to initialize the drive. I made sure to buy an external adapter that came with an additional AC power supply as I this seemed to be the most common issue reported on various forums, so I am sure that this was not the issue. I was wondering if I had a bad drive, so I plugged the SSD into my primary PC, a 2016 ASUS Q534UX running Windows 10 with all USB 3.0 Ports, and was able to detect it as a "USB Mass Storage Device" in Device Management, but it would not appear as an accessible drive anywhere on the PC. I went into "disk management" and both refreshed and rescanned for disks, but nothing showed up. I am unsure what to do at this point as the SSD appears to power on and be detected to some extent, but I am unable to access it. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8Ghz w/ Arctic Freezer 33 Tower Cooler | MSI B450 Tomahawk |  32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200MHz CAS 14 

Sapphire RX 5700XT Pulse | EVGA 650w GQ 80+ Gold Semi-Modular  |  XPG SX6000 512GB Nvme SSD | NZXT H500

Acer XF270HU - 1440p 144Hz Freeesync IPS | Corsair Strafe - Cherry MX Red  |  Logitech G502

I've had luck in the past with Mini Partition Wizard for cloning the actual drive to another. It'll also display drives which Windows can't ordinarily see. But since your using Mac so you could try using Stellar Partition Manager I know my friend has used it, with mixed success. 

Also, this thread has a how-to good guide - Link

UPDATE:
Thank you for your suggestions, I will have to try them when I get the chance. However, I did try two mechanical hard drives on my Windows laptop, and both showed up and worked flawlessly as I was able to format them to their base state. I may have a bad drive, and if the other methods do not bear fruit, I will make sure to contact HP.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8Ghz w/ Arctic Freezer 33 Tower Cooler | MSI B450 Tomahawk |  32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200MHz CAS 14 

Sapphire RX 5700XT Pulse | EVGA 650w GQ 80+ Gold Semi-Modular  |  XPG SX6000 512GB Nvme SSD | NZXT H500

Acer XF270HU - 1440p 144Hz Freeesync IPS | Corsair Strafe - Cherry MX Red  |  Logitech G502

Hey there. 

I've actually done disk clones of Mac format drives before.  Windows does not natively support HFS+, but software vendors such as Paragon do offer solutions.

However, I found that running a Linux machine made the process much easier. I haven't tested via a virtual machine, but with a dual booted laptop, I could mount the HFS+ format disk, and clone it to an ISO file on a second disk with the DD command. DD can just as easily clone disk to disk, you might find THISTHAT, or the OTHER link to be useful.

Fun fact, because MacOS runs a UNIX kernel, DD is most likely built into the Mac, so you could setup the second disk as a slave on the Mac, and DD from the live system to the new disk, although you might not have access to other tools such as GParted to resize partitions correctly for Mac.