Best in ear headphones for $100 to $250

Hikaru12

I love using in ear headphones for listening to music as they're really lightweight and portable as compared to some headphones. My question is what are some good in ear headphones for around $100? I'm willing to up my budget to $200-$250 if necessary but I want some in ear buds that are going to have great bass (not overwhelming) and keep the sound relatively neutral.

Right now I have a pair of Bose IE2 headphones. They're sound isn't all that great and I'm not impressed with their bass. I paid $100 for these expecting a lot more but I've had them for a while so I just put up with it. It would be nice to get some new ones for the Christmas season. The only thing I really like about them is they're really comfortable and never fall out. I've also owned some skull candies and they're bass is amazing but their durability sucks.

The Shure SE215 are a good option around a hundred bucks. For a more expensive option, the Sennheiser IE60 is nice - I have these and love them.

How's the durability on those Senn's? I'll start babying those in ears but often times I find myself getting the cables caught in something and yanking connections. I've done that so many times with these Bose headphones where I'd wrap them around my chair and then I'd turn my chair around forgetting they were still wrapped and yank the connector right out the DAC.

you can probly bid around on ebay for a pair of IE80 instead of the ie60 for the replaceable cable.(sounds like you do a lot of beating on the cable, not the ear buds them-self)

got mine ie80 for around $180 US on ebay.

however if you think you dont need to replaceable cable, according to sennheiser the IE60 have great bass, also IMO i think the IE60 looks better

Well they're Sennheiser, a German company. The build is nice, but if it fails you their warranty is great too. My pair has been through the washing machine at least once, and still works perfectly.

you can probly bid around on ebay for a pair of IE80 instead of the ie60 for the replaceable cable.(sounds like you do a lot of beating on the cable, not the ear buds them-self)

however if you think you dont need to replaceable cable, according to sennheiser the IE60 have great bass, also IMO i think the IE60 looks better

I tried that and got a fake pair.  :mellow:

Well they're Sennheiser, a German company. The build is nice, but if it fails you their warranty is great too. My pair has been through the washing machine at least once, and still works perfectly.

I tried that and got a fake pair.  :mellow:

That's disheartening. Part of the reason I'm weary of buying some things on eBay.

I was thinking the IE80's look good but if the bass is with the 60's I'll give them a try and burn them in. Some pink noise should help even out within the return period if I should feel the need to exchange them. I do agreed that they look nice.

I was thinking the IE80's look good but if the bass is with the 60's I'll give them a try and burn them in. Some pink noise should help even out within the return period if I should feel the need to exchange them. I do agreed that they look nice.

There shouldn't be a huge sound difference between the IE60 and IE80 - most Sennheiser headphones sound relatively the same. The way Linus talks about the head-pounding bass of his IE80's sounds exactly what I experience with my IE60's. It's like it hits the back of your skull.

There shouldn't be a huge sound difference between the IE60 and IE80 - most Sennheiser headphones sound relatively the same. The way Linus talks about the head-pounding bass of his IE80's sounds exactly what I experience with my IE60's. It's like it hits the back of your skull.

That's exactly what I'm looking for because I'm always searching for new beats/beatmakers on YouTube! I'll buy these over the holiday and update this thread with my findings.

I tried that and got a fake pair. :mellow:

hmm I got mine from someone in the US... Let's hope it's not some Chinese rip off

hmm I got mine from someone in the US... Let's hope it's not some Chinese rip off

Best way to know is looking at the packaging. 

post-2468-0-57582800-1387371037_thumb.jp

vs

post-2468-0-13114600-1387371046.jpg

it's going to be here in a few days so I'm going to check then. Thanks :D

I have more pics if you want them later, but the bottom was the biggest indicator for me.