Good monitor to buy?

Andylawson

Hey Peeps,

Need a new monitor to replace my current 24"

Not interested in 4K, mass effect 2 & 3 don't work correctly in it, they are my favorite games of all time, and i just restarted 2 from the beginning :)

Im looking for 27 inch, 2560X1440 will work fine i think.

im looking for something that will last a few generations so,

at least 1 HDMI

At least some kind of display port

don't want something ridiculously expensive that will be 15 generations old by September.

I usually stay away of anything Acer, i worked at Toshiba during my very first IT roles, and the jokes are still in my head when i walk past anything Acer.

Philips seem to be trying to get into monitors here in Aust, and some are kinda hard to go past without thinking OHHH that could work.

i am seriously thinking of this

https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Monitors/25plus-inch/69471-272B7QPTKEB

Has anyone had a Philips monitor before what is quality like ?

back when i was young philips stuff was like apple is today , has it changed is quality still good?

i do still have to work from home sometimes, so the but in webcamera would be really cool

If 4k not your thing, would ultra wide monitor suits you?

You can do 2 split screen just like you do with dual monitor setup.

its more productive this way.

http://www.lg.com/us/ultrawide-monitors

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

hmm i did have a LG29SGH or something awhile back, mass effect had the bottom cut off during game play so i couldn't follow the story & choose game options.

i used some crap application for apparent ultrawide fixed gaming, it just made it worse.

was thinking about going to a LG ultrawide again, but i cant play my favorite games with it.

Yes peeps my next monitor depends on can it play mass effect 2 & 3 with perfect visuals.

3 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

This and a proper webcam

didn't think og benq, looks OK actually.

39 minutes ago, Andylawson said:

Hey Peeps,

Need a new monitor to replace my current 24"

Not interested in 4K, mass effect 2 & 3 don't work correctly in it, they are my favorite games of all time, and i just restarted 2 from the beginning :)

Im looking for 27 inch, 2560X1440 will work fine i think.

im looking for something that will last a few generations so,

at least 1 HDMI

At least some kind of display port

don't want something ridiculously expensive that will be 15 generations old by September.

I usually stay away of anything Acer, i worked at Toshiba during my very first IT roles, and the jokes are still in my head when i walk past anything Acer.

Philips seem to be trying to get into monitors here in Aust, and some are kinda hard to go past without thinking OHHH that could work.

i am seriously thinking of this

https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Monitors/25plus-inch/69471-272B7QPTKEB

Looking at your needs, I would recommend this: 

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-27-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00P0EQD1Q/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1519544905&sr=1-5&keywords=monitor&refinements=p_n_feature_keywords_two_browse-bin%3A6570749011%2Cp_n_size_browse-bin%3A3547807011

Personally I feel that Dell has the best display always if your not into high refresh rates/gsync/blah blah blah

43 minutes ago, Andylawson said:

i do still have to work from home sometimes, so the but in webcamera would be really cool

As for a webcam, just toss in a C920 if you can :) So far I don't think there is any monitors with built in webcams? 

5 hours ago, huilun02 said:

He's in Australia though

The one I linked is a BenQ 27" 1440p IPS (brand new) for 481 Australian Pesos, inclusive of tax, local shipping, 3 year local warranty and protection from the ACCC

Oh apologies.

Indeed my recommendation is more on a expensive side, https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Monitors/25plus-inch/57133-U2715H

However to my opinion in the long term I feel that the display of Dell,Samsung,Asus are of a higher quality.

i have the asus swift PG278QR TN

its 1440p 27' 165htz and g - sync and has hdmi and displayport. never had a problem with it