[HELP] R5 1600 with 1050

So, I was looking into building something for myself for once. I know it's a bad time due to GPU prices, but here is what I have currently. I only have problems with my cpu and gpu due to the pricing. I'm hesitant to get the 1600 and the 1060 due to the price of the 1060s right now. I'm willing to wait for the 1060 prices to go down to upgrade it. I'm only worried that it might bottleneck. 

Any thoughts? 

EDIT: This is what I have right now: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/W7NcfH

A 1050 doesn't have much oomph, I'd look for a used 970 or craigslist or something, or even a 780 Ti.

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

2 minutes ago, germgoatz said:

No cards around right now can bottleneck a 1600, nothing even close, its a pretty powerful CPU

Would the 1050 come up short though? Or would it be okay?

8 minutes ago, germgoatz said:

No cards around right now can bottleneck a 1600, nothing even close, its a pretty powerful CPU

Not sure what you mean, R5 1600 will definitely not bottleneck a GTX 1050, but it would bottleneck anything GTX 1080ti or above.

16 minutes ago, shotodo said:

So, I was looking into building something for myself for once. I know it's a bad time due to GPU prices, but here is what I have currently. I only have problems with my cpu and gpu due to the pricing. I'm hesitant to get the 1600 and the 1060 due to the price of the 1060s right now. I'm willing to wait for the 1060 prices to go down to upgrade it. I'm only worried that it might bottleneck. 

Any thoughts? 

EDIT: This is what I have right now: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/W7NcfH

What monitor do you have?

2 minutes ago, Morgan Everett said:

What monitor do you have?

Looking to get a 60hz for now and a 144 in the future for dual monitors

EDIT: Fixed mistakes

Look the GPU prices at nvidia.com. You might be able to find 1060 in your budget.
Also, from what i know, MSI Motherboards have shitty support with Ryzen CPUs. They have/had problem with memory support. You can try Asus board 

CPU: AMD Athlon II x4 631 3.3GHz OC 1,450V core, stock cooler
GPU: Palit GTS 450 Core Voltage: 1037mV, Core Clock 860MHz, Memory Clock 1870MHz
RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 4GB x1 
Motherboard: AsRock a75m-hvs 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: Asus ROG Strix 1070
RAM: G SKill Trident Z RGB 3200 CL14
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix x370-F Gaming
Monitor: Aorus AD27QD

37 minutes ago, m0nss7erKill said:

Look the GPU prices at nvidia.com. You might be able to find 1060 in your budget.
Also, from what i know, MSI Motherboards have shitty support with Ryzen CPUs. They have/had problem with memory support. You can try Asus board 

Msi ryzen boards are crap just because of their vrms. However unless you overclock, that's not even really an issue. Memory isn't an issue. 

Every other brand is good though, Asus is one of the better brands, but you can't go wrong with any

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

30 minutes ago, Ginger137 said:

Msi ryzen boards are crap just because of their vrms. However unless you overclock, that's not even really an issue. Memory isn't an issue. 

Every other brand is good though, Asus is one of the better brands, but you can't go wrong with any

Ah yea, the VRMs were the problem, i forgot about that. 

GPU: Palit GTS 450 Core Voltage: 1037mV, Core Clock 860MHz, Memory Clock 1870MHz
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 2/23/2018 at 8:34 AM, m0nss7erKill said:

Also, from what i know, MSI Motherboards have shitty support with Ryzen CPUs.

Sorry, this is completely off topic, but this is the first time I've heard this and now I'm kinda excited. Do you know if that could cause visual glitches? Cause I've been having problems since I built my machine which I thought was my gpu, but I had it RMA'ed and there are still issues.

10 hours ago, greenlotad said:

Sorry, this is completely off topic, but this is the first time I've heard this and now I'm kinda excited. Do you know if that could cause visual glitches? Cause I've been having problems since I built my machine which I thought was my gpu, but I had it RMA'ed and there are still issues.

Bad PSU can also cause gliches. Don`t know about the motherboard.